cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skip inspection lots

0 Kudos

Dear All,

some materials allowed for skip lots as configured in Dynamic modification rule. The issue is , in present production system there are many inspection lots and based on these lots system skipping for few lots for inspection. Soon we are going for new production system ( after go-live). How to make continuation of this process with out affecting for skip lot process.

BR,

Siva 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

New inspection lot skipping works on basis of

1. Master data ( DMR and Inspection plan)

2. Quality Level (which updates on the new inspection lot creation )

While moving the data to new system , in addition to Master data you need to carry Quality level data to new production system.

Regards,

Neeraj Bhadauria

0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your response. I am new to this module. Could you please explain the process how to carry quality level data to new production system? Also could you please explain what is quality level and where can we find it.

BR,

samssp

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you explore the SCN forum and read out the discussion threads. I am pretty sure that like me, you will also learn many inputs form previously discussed threads by experienced consultants, especially form those who are much active consultants in this forum.

Saying that I would like to share some very high level inputs and experience with this 'skip' related subject. Will request other consultants also to enrich this content for helping broader audience -

1. "SKIP" related to the fundamentals like inspection stage for inspection based on severity, ex;  - normal inspection, tightened inspection, reduced inspection, etc With this factor, business achieves cost of quality, without impacting the inbound or outbound materials. This is widely accepted in terms of process maturity for clients and prevailing quality certification standards.

a. This is applicable either at inspection type level:

i. Example - insp type 01, 04, etc...

ii. This is not used much as per my understanding, and I have not worked with this setup.

iii. At inspection plan header, add indicator 'Dynamic mod level = 0'.

b. At Inspection lot level for a plant:

i. These cases have "SKIP" as a system status as soon as an inspection lot is created.

ii. You need to activate indicator 'Dynamic mod level = 1' for inspection plan.

iii. For Inspection lots having "SKIP" status, you may not record results officially back in SAP.

iv. Run background job to set UD = A for these jobs.

c. At MIC level for inspection plan, for material, in a plant, for a inspection plan:

i. In this case, the SKIP is active only at MIC level and not for the complete inspection lot.

ii. If your inspection lot is created with 2 MIC as SKIP [MIC status = 4] and rest as non-skip [MIC system status 1] then business should concentrate in recording results only those inspection MIC, which are non-SKIP.

iii. At inspection plan header, add indicator 'Dynamic mod level = 3'.

iv. Though SKIP will not have impact in result recording, but it will still keep on having impact at UD level which will control the stage factor.

2. DMR Rule - this is an indicator which suggests

a. When exactly this stage is going to be updated. Means, whether it will be done at the inspection lot creation or at UD. There is no fundamentals in uploading the Q-level at RR.

b. What all are the control parameters which are controlling this stage update.

For example, let's understand an example from SKIP inspection at MIC level:

Test 5 MIC as OK, then go to the reduced inspection for next 10 MIC, until there is a UD = R. If after 15th inspection there is no UD = R is found even after it is in the SKIP stage, then it should be repeated for next 10 more inspection.

In case, if you are having an UD failed (which is applicable at lot level) then reset the Quality level immediately at tightened inspection, and test for 10 MIC's for results to be A.

The next stage indicator drives the right quality level for the existing setup, which will be followed when a new inspection lot is created.

For more details check Quality level in QDL1/QDL2 and table QDQL and DMR form table QDPS.

Hope this clarifies the process.

For data migration purpose in next system, you can go through one of my responses in the below thread -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3828410#16373127

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful knowledge about skip functionality. As you said it's really true that scn is the best place to learn .

Raegards;

S Ahmed