Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Issue with VFS Client

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I've found this thread many times and everywhere it has been mentioned that we should delete the workspace and dev config files and reimport the development configuration. But nothing seems to work for me. Hopefully we can look a this issue with anther angle freshly here.

Problem:

1. Import of Dev config from SLD Successful ie the 3 logs to SLD, DTR and NWDI shows successful and the DTR structure in the DEV Config is visible and expandable.
  2. After I close the NWDS and try to reaccess the dev configuration. Login at NWDI gets denied citing the following error

eclipse.buildId=@qualifier@

java.version=1.6.0_25

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error

Wed Dec 02 09:30:17 EST 2015

set Online of C:\Users\biswas.v\Desktop\P&G\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\ failed      [Error: com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.login.AbstractDevConfContext  Thread[Worker-5,5,main]]

com.sap.tc.devconf.login.LoginException: com.sap.tc.devconf.DevConfigException: VFS client must not be <null> (VFS client must not be <null>)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentConfiguration.performLogin(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5124)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:56)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.login.AbstractDevConfContext.goOnline(AbstractDevConfContext.java:348)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.login.AbstractDevConfContext.setOnline(AbstractDevConfContext.java:283)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.login.DevConfContext.setOnline(DevConfContext.java:50)

at com.sap.ide.login.ui.LoginDialog$2.run(LoginDialog.java:469)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: com.sap.tc.devconf.DevConfigException: VFS client must not be <null>

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.VFSHandler._findOrCreateBuildServer(VFSHandler.java:121)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.cbs.CbsServiceAdapter.initializeBuildServer(CbsServiceAdapter.java:85)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.cbs.CbsServiceAdapter.initializeBuildSpace(CbsServiceAdapter.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.cbs.CbsServiceAdapter.getInitializedBuildSpace(CbsServiceAdapter.java:57)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentConfiguration.initializeBuildSpaceProxy(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:4455)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentConfiguration._goOnline(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:4405)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentConfiguration.performLogin(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5121)

... 6 more

eclipse.buildId=@qualifier@

java.version=1.6.0_25

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error

Wed Dec 02 09:30:17 EST 2015

An internal error occurred during: "Logon to".

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.login.AbstractDevConfContext.setOnline(AbstractDevConfContext.java:299)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.login.DevConfContext.setOnline(DevConfContext.java:50)

at com.sap.ide.login.ui.LoginDialog$2.run(LoginDialog.java:469)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Please help here. I haev tried many things over many days not sure which this ....

Regards,

VB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

I was able to resolve the issue. There was something with the directory that kept popping the <null> client error.

• Its either the '&' character in the directory path.
  • Or the directory oath was too deep.

Nonetheless the re-installation of NWDS on a higher directory folder 'D:' resolved the issue.

Regards,

VB

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oh, that was a tricky case then. I can see now the P&G in the path, many thanks for sharing!

Answers (0)