cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5500: NameServer error: communication with server failed;connection refused, location=:port

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Together,

We have installed Trex 7.10 in windows server 2012, Until yesterday its works fine without any problem.

From today we are getting the below error when I tried to connect the nameserver

"5500:NameServer error: communication with server failed;connection refused,location="

As it is needed with high priority

could anyone please help

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228881
Participant

Hello Together,

I got the problem resolved, there is a folder named lock, I have renamed the folder lock to lock1 and recreated a folder lock.

After that i tried to restart the trex service.

And it works fine.

Thanks for your reply

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

0 Kudos

Hello Rajith,

I have the same problem, could you please let me know the location of lock folder. is it in /tmp ?

Thanks and Regards,

P Ramakrishna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For which puprose your TREX is installed for? ESH only?

Check if there is none modification of your firewall rules? check if your name server is still up and running?

regards

Julien

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

We created trex server for indexing and connected to ERP system through RFC. Trex service SAPXXX_YY is also started without any problem. When I open tredamin window, I am getting the error "5500: Nameserver error: communication with server failed;"

Could you please help

Thank you

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the message 5500 at the opening of TREX admin tools, means that the name server is down or not accessible.

Check the trex deamon process. If it is running. Restart TREX system then try to launch again trex admin tool.

But it seems that your Trex has fully or partially crashed.

regards

Julien

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

I already checked it, Deamon process is working fine. Restarted TRex system also.

SAP MMC is up and running fine.

But still it shows the same error.

Could you please suggest any other option

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith

1. On your windows OS have you disable the Firewall and UAC?

2. Which version of Trex SP level? you have to use the SP level more than SP60 for windows OS

Refer the SAP Note for your issue

2126902 - TREX 7.10 REV63: addInstance.sh failed on Linux platform due to missing Landscape ID

3.  After installation of SAP Trex have did the configuration from Trex to ERP system?

Kindly refer the SCN link which having installation and configuration steps on ERP system (Trex installation and configuration on Linux and Windows almost same)

Regards

SS

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

what's the exact TREX version you use ? Is the TREX installed on VMWare or physical server?
As I understand you get the error 5500 when trying to start python TREXAdminTool . Do you see
the TREXNameServer , TREXIndexServer etc in the task Manager?
Do you see any error messages in the TrexNameServer trace?

Best regards,
Mikhail