cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send data from UI5 to MII

0 Kudos

Hi, colleagues.
I try to POST data (in XML format and string from JSON.stringify()) from UI5 interface to MII. I made decision to use i5Command for this purpose.

But when i try to do it, i meet an error (see pictures). After it i try to send other string entered by hand - it worked good.

Can you help, what's wrong with it? Maybe there are other ways to send data to MII from UI5?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Microsoft states that the maximum length of a URI in Internet Explorer is 2,083 characters, so try to limit the length below that. It should be safe for all browsers.

However, the HTTP protocol does not place any a priori limit on the length of
a URI. Servers MUST be able to handle the URI of any resource they serve, and SHOULD be able to handle URIs of unbounded length if they provide GET-based forms that could generate such URIs.

.. I'm not very sure if we respect the HTTP protocols here, on the receiving side ..

I had the same problem exporting and importing data from SQL tables via illuminator query templates. In the end, we wrote some code to split the sting in parts of limited length and a receiving transaction to concatenate them back on the server side.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your parameter value may be causing the post url to be too long. You may be able to get more info by checking the server logs.

Regards,
Christian