Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services for object restriction in IE03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an security requirement in IE03 ,in IE03 after entering the equipment no and after that pressing enter button ,it will be open icon i.e. Service for objects  .

Once after expanding the service for objects button  ,attachment option is there,in that create, delete ,change option is there ,we have maintained in IE03 role only activity 03-display  type .

Now we are unable to change or delete options in service for objects ,but still we are able to create ,we are unable to find any authorization objects to restrict creation.

Any one faced this type of issue or guide me how to achieve this .

Advance Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2244234 - for general setup of GOS (Generic Object Services) -related do's and don'ts search the the marketplace with Terms "GOS authorizations" .

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trx SHD0 Transaction/Screen Variants could be helpful for this usecase. You can try to deactivate the create icon.

0 Kudos

Yes. Always a way out. Open a can full of worms with standard transaction variants where a simple authorization would do perfectly.

You do realize that GOS is part of dozens of transactions throughout the whole system and not only IE03, do you? Would you suggest creating a transaction variant for every transaction that is GOS-enabled?

0 Kudos

Suggested SHD0 only for this particular transaction as an alternative way to solve requirement. But if you could recommend an appropriate authorization object is it the better solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried SHD0 still we are unable to control the create attachment option.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

How can we check if GOS is enabled or not ,Please advise.

0 Kudos

Check BAdI GOS_SRV_REQUEST to modify the controls in GOS.

0 Kudos

or use authorization object S_GOS_ATT.

0 Kudos

Question was to restrict the CREATE Button. How to do with S_GOS_ATT?

0 Kudos

By researching the topic in question and finding out, how it works. Like in note 1539457. After the research is done, one can experiment/test.

EDIT: as for CREATE - if you disable this, you'll face serious problems in case you Exchange IDOC's that create/change equipments, because the realtionship between sender/receiver IDOC's is documented in GOS. As are several other things. I'd be ever so careful to disable this.