cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing profit center hierarchy into IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently implementing context-based assignments on business roles and privileges.

The customers require that we use profit centers and profit center groups as contexts.

My question is:

How do we import the profit center hierarchy from ERP to IDM? We have not found a

connector that allows us to do this directly. We have looked into the fromSAP connector, but it

does not allow profit center as an entrytype parameter.

We know that the parameter "Table" can be used to import a given SAP table, for example

"CEPC" (Profit centers), "SETNODE" and "SETHEADER" (Profit center group). This is not

a feasible solution as the amount of data transferred exceeds the system memory capacity

because no filtering is allowed as far as we know.

We are using IDM 7.2 SP9, Windows Server, MS SQL Server.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

That's an interesting one.  I don't believe that functionality is specifically supported in the IDM Provisioning framework.

There would be a number of ways that I could think of addressing this but it really depends on what the actual data looks like (Sorry I am more of a IDM expert than a SAP Systems Expert)

I would guess that it would somehow be possible to bring in the hierarchy as a custom entry type that could be related to MX_PERSON, or just imported as an attribute that is assignable to users with the profit-center ONLLY privilege. 

At the end of the day, it just might be best to put your idea for supporting this functionality on the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management (SAP IDM): Idea Place.

Hope this helps somewhat...

Matt