Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic solution for receiver WS interface for IDOC to SOAP scenario

former_member208396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one requirement in SAP PI 7.4(dual stack) which involves  IDoc to SOAP scenerio where receiver WSDL contains structure of IDOC only. Here we have 3 IDocs(as of now) to communicate with. But, what if the requirement increases in future?, So I am thinking for some generic solution that is:

We can have 3 WSDLS frrom receiver system.

1. WSDL for IDOC control record.

2. WSDL for IDOC status record.

3. WSDL for IDOC data record(payload).

So in this case we can make the scenario generic for all the IDocs from sender system co communicate with receiver webservice.

However I am not confident to use it, as I have seen same requirement implemented in IDOC to IDOC scenario where we have options in receiver IDOC channel to pass only the control record, status record & data record(payload) but, since in SOAP receiver channel we don't have any of these option hence require you help to proceed.

Please help...!!

Regards,

Vishnu Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I think you are in the dilemma about specific or generic solution and i am not sure what you can decide about the WSDL endpoint, i mean if you can do it how you want or you have any restriction about the endpoint receiver. You have to consider that a generic solution can be problematic because you don´t all the payload fields on the future and you will need to increase the schema. Personally, i don't like to mix different functional activities in one scenario because for example you later has more difficulties to spare functionalities for detecting issues, start/stop determinated functionality and so on.

Regards.