cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0: What kind of "UI implementation" can NWBC do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NWBC Experts,

As I understand, NWBC is a UI shell that integrate different UI techs such as Personas, ABAP, Web Dynpro etc. Someone asked me if NWBC can "implement" some UI featyres such as a work flow diagram where user can press some UI element to go to next screen or program. The behaviour sounds like what Personas can do, but I am not sure if NWBC can do such jobs. My understanding is that NWBC can only "use/present/access" different apps in different ways, but NWBC cannot implement any UI programs, right?

Can anyone explain with clear picture what NWBC can offer regarding UI development?

Thanks

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search is your friend! Just look at some of the "key topics" listed in the space here on SCN...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

I have NWBC 5.0, and I have integrate Personas 2.0, Fiori, Web Dynpro, ABAP, Tcode, web apps in NWBC. Now, for some UI designs from users, I am looking at if the UI has to be made by other technoligies like FPM, or Page Builder with POWER List. Examples would be good materials. I am trying to achieve having a window to contain 4 small frames with Tabs. Rach frame would be able to show a tcode result.

Br,

Dong Zhu

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know (I don't use NWBC myself, so I could easily be wrong) there's in nothing in NWBC that would do this. Your understanding is correct that NWBC is just a container for UIs built using other technologies. You'd have to build it some other way and just deliver it via NWBC.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading this:

...it sounds to me like FPM is explicitly one of the use cases they planned for with NWBC.

<KC>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dong Zhu

For your question "My understanding is that NWBC can only "use/present/access" different apps in different ways, but NWBC cannot implement any UI programs, right?" .... That's correct

Technically speaking, similar to Portal, Fiori Launchpad & SAPGUI;  NWBC (or BC) is basically just UI (User Interface) client. The main UI tool that could be used to develop application for NWBC include  Persona\Dynpro (aka ABAP; include Persona), FPM\Web Dynpro and even WebIDE\UI5 (Optimally using BC6).

However, there's a feature trade-off between all these clients. Check the following for more info ...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41321

Regards

Damean