cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Delayed Inspection Lot]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

At the end of a materiel production, I want the isnpection lot to be delayed by a certain period depending on the material, 72/48/24 hours, before having an inspection type 04 GR and begin the Quality process.

The thing is, The products should wait a certain period of time before inspection and getting into storage location in my warehouse.

Thanks,

CHAHIL Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Inspection lot triggers on the event of GR from Production, So to delay inspection lot creation , you need to delay GR only.

2. Other workaround , which i used . I used Inspection setup > Inspection duration to maintain this ( 3 day / 4 day ) info. Which gives you Inspection end date based on this. You may plan Usage decision considering these dates to clear the Stock to UR.

Regards,

Neeraj Bhadauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

What you are talking about is Inspection duration that may calculate you start/end day if not entered.

What I'm searching for, is to delay the creation of the inspection lot of a product and the end of production, so that when end user enters QA32, he can only see inspection lots delayed with the amount of days corresponding to each material.

Thanks,

CHAHIL Mohammed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, I found the duplicate thread posted by you and it is unanswered. Humble request not to create the same if the question is already posted!

I agree with Neeraj that if you have activated 04 inspection type then you can not delay the lot creation. As soon as the GR is posted at the same instance the lot is created. May be you can think of below alternatives,

1. Use exit to restrict the UD if the lot creation date and time do not correspond to the waiting time you are expecting. Somewhere in material master or in separate Z table you maintain this delay period material wise. System will run a check when you try to save the results or try to do stock posting or UD that whether it has completed the required delayed time from its creation time or not. It will stop the transaction if it fails to fulfill the criterion.
  2. Another approach is you should deactivate 04 inspection type and let the stock be posted to unrestricted directly. Customize the new storage location and activate 08 inspection type in material master. You need to keep manual track of the lots here. Manually you need to do the calculation and perform 311 movement once the concerned material passes the delayed time.

Anand

Answers (0)