cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS singlehost installation : webgui does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Environment is ITS 6.20 patch 24 single host installation (Agate & Wgate on same server) between NW2004S / EP 7.0 and back-end R/3 system release 4.6C.

Note that NW2004S / EP 7.0 is installed on different server than ITS' one.

Thus, WAS used in the one installed within NW2004s (WAS 7.0)

I tried to setup ITS 6.20 to allow developers to create iViews in EP 7.0 within Sapgui for HTML but i got error message "ITS cannot connect to Web Application server or R/3 system" when trying to access to URL "http://<myservername>.<mydomainname>:<portnumber>/scripts/wgate/webgui/!" or when trying to overview SAP transaction iView based on Sapgui for HTML.

As it is my first ITS 6.20 setup, i applied following steps :

1. launched sapinst from ITS 6.20 patche 24 succesfully

2. installed package 46C_all.sar succesfully

3. installed ITS additional packages within sapinst choosing "webgui" option

4. defined back-end R/3 system in IACOR

5. published IACs in back-end R/3 system

As I supposed that i performed all tasks required, it stil does not work although : any insight on the root cause?

More, is the back-end R/3 system properly set if I defined that ITS and WAS are installed on different servers? ("system administration --> system configuration --> landscape --> system properties for ITS and WAS)

Thanks in advance for your help

Rgds,

zulain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was resolved by myself but i do thank tobvias and edgar for responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias & Edgar,

Unfortunately, backend systems are 4.6C what does mean that integrated ITS in NW2004s cannot be used as you might know that it can only be used for systems from same generation (nw2004s).

However, i resolved my problem as i noted that i selected "ITS administration" for each installation (several ITS instances required) what caused ITS services "disabled" because of ITS ADM installation overwritten...

All is now working fine and connections within webgui are properly set.

Thanks to you both anyway!

Rgds,

Zulain

0 Kudos

Just wanted to be clear...

so while installing to resolve the issue you selected ITS Administrator.?? Please confirm... Also.. if possible can you please send me over any installation docs to gautam.ankam@gmail.com. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zulain,

is it a WebAS 7.00? In this case you can't run the service webgui on the

stand alone ITS. But do not worry, use the integrated ITS instead.

I assume you get the error 'Use a recent SAPGui version' when trying

to connect to the backend system, rite?

Please read the article ' How to activate, publish and test ITS services in the integrated ITS?' in our Wiki esp. the part describing the test. Your questions should be answered

there.

best regards

Tobias

BTW: Usually it is not necessary to publish the webgui service using IACOR - the webgui service is part of the ITS standard installation and the most recent version comes with the ITS patch.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zulain,

It sounds like you did the correct procedures for installing the ITS.

The current error probably means that the AGate is not responding. A few possible reasons and solutions:

- check that the ITS AGate is started. Check the Services Control Panel and make sure that the "SAP ITS Manager - <v.ITS>" is started.

- check the ItsRegistryWGate.xml file to make sure that the WGate is pointed to the correct AGate location.

Good luck.

Edgar