cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager CHARM configuration

0 Kudos

Hi Members,

Glad to be back on this forum. Creating this discussion to deepen my knowledge on the Solution manager CHARM configuration.

Currently we are using Symmetry CM tool for our change management process. Now we have build our Solution manager 7.1 SP11 environment, we are thinking of migrating to Charm from Symmetry considering the various benefits we are going to gain off.

As of now, we have configured Basic and System Configuration for my Solution manager system and also have ran Managed system configuration for most of systems in our landscape.

So what would be the next steps we need to consider for CHARM configuration or migrate to CHARM from existing tool.

Also if we are going to use CHARM,  we need to create users in Solution manager system for their usage. Would that cost additional user license costs?

And what to be consider during the configuration for Portal Java systems?

Does it work with the CTS+ ?

Really appreciate any help or advise on this.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna

I would advice you either hire a SolMan consultant or at least follow a course SM200 for example to understand the basics of configuring CHARM or follow an expert guided implementation (EGI) to get started.

License cost, normally not, CHARM in SolMan is free to use. Would you be creating users that otherwise don't use SAP at all? That might involve a license cost then but most of the times, that's not the case at customer side.

Yes, for a Portal Java system you could leverage CTS+

Best regards

Tom

Answers (0)