cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make current date as default date for a parameter created in IDT which is mapped to one of the Input Parameters of HANA View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Scenario - Put together 10 different views into a single Universe (IDT 4.1 SP5)

I have created derived tables for each Hana views as there are different Input Parameters (IPs) (Currency/UOM Conversion,Date(From/To)) which are mapped to the Parameters created in DF Layer.

As am using 4.1 SP5,I have option to set default values for Date Parameter only from the list of values unlike SP6 which has a new feature called Formula Editor which provides the user to set default values like Current Date,Current date-1,Current Fiscal Period, Current fiscal Period -1 etc..

Upgradation of SAP package is out of scope as we are in the middle of the build phase. I came across the Dave's Magic Date Concept but its throwing an error when I tried to apply the condition on the Hana Object.

Please find below for the screenshots,

IP.png - Parameter Key Date in DF Layer is mapped to $$IP_TODATE$$ of HANA View - works fine

Error.png - Magic Date code is applied to Hana Object - Throws Error - Will the Magic Date works only for certain DBs?

Please help me to sort out this issue.

I even tried to supply default value from HANA object in the Derived table script itself but it didn't work. Like

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pruthvi_r
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

Alternatively, you can pass current date as constant in Data Foundation(DF) layer.

eg: if you have DATE in your table then right click on DATE field select "Insert Filter".

in the pop-up window at the bottom you would see,

ABC.DATE = ABC.DATE (ABC is table name)

Change it to :

ABC.DATE = CURRENT_DATE

Validate & save it.

This will put a filter on DATE for current date at DF layer.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Pruthvi R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pruthvi,

Thanks for your reply. But here the issue is not about filtering. For filtering I already have a parameter which accepts direct input date unlike picking form the list of values (which means am not creating list of values from any field).So for that parameter I need to set today's date as default value.

I tried giving default value in DF layer itself. I assigned the field i.e. CC_Refresh_Date which returns today's date.But no luck

pruthvi_r
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

I guess the issue might be with format of date.

please check the format of CC_Refresh_Date & the DATE from your DF layer.

you may have to change the format of one of the date to match other.

eg:

CC_Refresh_Date format is dd/mm/yyyy

&

DATE field format is mm/dd/yy hi24:mm:ss

then dates will not match. Make sure both dates are in same format before comparing.

Best Regards

Pruthvi R