cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Location in Ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i am developing application for SMP3.0 SP8 and for ipad which is having IOS9. I want to find the GPS location of device for which i write the rule attach in the image. I have set the location service on for Agentry application. Some time it shows the correct GP location and some time it not show GPS location even if device is on same place in both times.

Please let me know the reason why it is not showing correctly. Is there any way i can make sure that GPS will work always.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give a try like below screen shot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amitoj,

Hi. There is one recommendation that we may ask you to try. Can you try at least SMP 3.0 SDK SP11 kit's version to see if it works. We have acknowledgement of this issue in SMP 3.0 SDK SP06 and it was fixed for Android. There is a chance that the core code was not implemented in iOS (This is just a speculation). We also know on later versions of the SMP 3.0 SDK that certain LATITUDE and LONGTITUDE in Agentry were fixed as well. But for now, try the latest SDK SP11 version to see if it works in this version for you. Otherwise, the fix that was for Android was not ported to iOS.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I tested with wpf client (SDK 11 - not real device) it did not work for me. It works fine in latest iOS client.

Thanks

Ajitesh

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajitesh,

WPF client is tied to Windows. Normally, WPF is tied to a laptop and the device has to have built in GPS sensors for the system to function. Most of the laptops available to be purchased does not have built-in GPS sensors unless you are using a tablet type of laptops (Surface and others).

You mentioned that you did not try the real device. Does your WPF client installed on a laptop have GPS sensors in it?  I thought you were talking about the iOS was not working. Didn't realize you where referring to the WPF client.

There is a release notes tied to SMP 3.0 (or documentation) that states the functionality of GPS sensors. I've seen it before but I need to find or Google the page again (It has a disclaimer about WPF and GPS functionality). It could be under SDK SP9, or SDK SP10 or earlier troubleshooting area of the release notes.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

In iOS client its working fine. I checked on my laptop and it does not have GPS sensor. so, we are good. Later i will try this on real device.

Thanks

Ajitesh

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajitesh,

Just update this thread on your finding.  If it is close, you may close this incident/thread so we would not bump into this thread as unanswered when reviewing open threads by SAP Support in SCN.

Have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would suggest putting the Agentry product name in your discussion topic.