cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DIMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

From last couple of days I'm trying to gain fundamental knowledge on sap DIMP. I searched it over scn.sap.com and other sap related sites but as i'm digging more into it i am getting confused. My doubt is..

From http://go.sap.com/solution.html i can see sap offers 25 Industry specific solutions out of which few are Mill Products , Aerospace and Defense , Automotive and Oil and Gas.
As DIMP stands for Discrete Industries and Mill Product and wikipedia simply defines discrete manufacturing as

Discrete manufacturing is the production of distinct items. Automobiles, furniture, toys, smartphones, and airplanes are examples of discrete manufacturing products.[1] The resulting products are easily identifiable and differ greatly from process manufacturing where the products are undifferentiated, for example oil, natural gas and salt.

it ranges from automobiles to aerospace.

So is DIMP a set of Industry specific solutions (out of 25) if yes what all industries are there in DIMP and how it is related to industry specific solution "Mill Products"?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi there,

yes, IS-MP (the industry add-on for Mill Products) is part of the industry extension DIMP.

You should discern though between the overall SAP for Mill Products which is the complete solution portfolio for the Mill Industry, and IS-MP which is a rather small add-on to ERP.

Many of our mill customers use just ERP without the extension.

If you run S/4 HANA you do not need to worry because DIMP is from 1511 on anyhow activated and available. No need to take a decision here.

If you have more detailed questions on IS-MP you best ask those in the Mill Products & Mining section of SCN.

Regards,

Stefan

Answers (0)