Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Travel Request Status

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have one requirement that the travel request after created should sent to Dept. manager then to HR manager for approvals.

Whereas the standard workflow (has one level of approval) will set the status to approved after first approve.

I  want to reset or change the status so that the request looks in progress or  not approved .

Is there any FM or BAPI or any solution for this? please advise.

BR,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is how we do it usually. step 2 and 4 are changing status with a data flow definition. custom method set_status based on BAPI TRIP_CHANGE_STATUS

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to use BAPI TRIP_CHANGE_STATUS to update the status, but there is one issue with it. It create another workflow instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

if you change the status via BAPI TRIP_CHANGE_STATUS you have to take care about the eventing.

If the status raise an event in the system you have to check the event and end the new workflow instance.

Best regards,

Sigi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you let me know the issue, I might be able to help you

best, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change trip status in data flow definition, adding a container operation/ single step to your workflow.

Or you replace standard method APPROVE by custom version of it returning different status.

rgds, Michael

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

For what  adding a container operation in the definition and what should do?