cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple bill-to in S.O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 bill-to in one sales order, the first line has the bill-to (A) same as the header, the second line has a different bill-to ( B) . These 2 lines goes into 2 different delivery document with the right Bill-to assigned.However, when I do billing, the invoice for the first line has the right bill-to ( A) . the second invoice for the second line ( delivery based invoice) doesn't have the bill-to( B), it also has bill-to (A). I did several testing and found the billing document copies the S.O header bill-to only, even though the delivery document has the right bill-to (B). Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thought. Check that there are no rules from your sales document-to-billing document conflicting with the rules for your delivery document-to-billing document.

Also keep in mind that as per standard SAP follows some specific rules when it comes to splitting invoices. Have a look at some relevant questions on sapfans. It doesn't refer to your problem directly, but there are some user exits mentioned as a means of selecting specific partners in billing documents.

Check OSS notes 546668 and 43067, as well as the following post on sapfans

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=181527&highlight=billingsplitsold+party

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am checking the OSS notes.. I will let you know, thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

I looked the OSS notes but they were all talking about invoice spilit, I have no problem with the inovice spilit. The problem is the invoice does not take the respective bill-to party at respective line item. And it only happens to the bill-to. One another partner I configured ( something like a sales person ) is copied over correct.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not talking about copy control in Billing (from delivery document to billing document). I was referring to copy control in Logistics execution. Sales doc to delivery doc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michalis, The delivery document (both) have the right partner copied over to Sales order. each has different bill-to and other different partners.

The problem lie from delivery to billing...what do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then your problem lies in the copy control for your delivery.

Logistics Execution>Shipping>Copying Control

You need to make sure the copy rules you specify there are consistent with the rules you have specified in copy control for the billing document.

If the header sold to party is copied in the delivery document (both delivery documents), then that will be the partner that is determined in your two billing documents.

Without being at a system right now, I think that's your solution

regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, The copy control from delivery to billing at item level is set 004. still doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maggie,

You set the copy control control from Delivery to Billing to 002(Item order-related) and try this.

Thanks

Augustine Ponraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

In the Sales Order, Select the Line item and go to the Partner Tab and there you change the Ship-to-party & Bill-to-party according to the line item. You will get the Billing document correctly.

Try this and revert. Reward points if satisfied.

Thanks

Augustine Ponraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Augustine for your repsonse. But my problem is not getting the item level bill-to on sales order. ( I have 2 bill-to on the sales order correctly) .. the issue comes in when generate billing. the billing documnet is delivery based. however, it only considered the header level bill-to, ignor the item level bill-to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the copy control from delivery to billing, maitain copying requirements as 004 for the item category.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GSL for your reply.

I tried 004, apparently, the billing document only takes the head bill-to of the sales order ignoring the item level bill-to, ironically, the delivery does have the right bill-to at item level and the copy control is configured delivery related billing.

Another syptom I found that ,other than item level bill-to, other item level partner was copied correctly.

Thanks a lot.!