Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending messages from NW BPM to a third party

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am working on redesigning of a ccBPM to NW BPM. In the ccBPM, we were sending direct messages to a third party(file) and an ECC system(idoc).

But when converting this functionality to NWBPM, I think there is no option that we can send the messages from NW BPM to a third party directly, we have to involve PI.

I mean the only flow allowed is

PI -> NW BPM -> PI -> ECC

but not

PI -> NW BPM -> ECC.

Tried to find out whether we can send the messages to other parties / systems via BPM but didn't find any example nor in SAP documentation. So my assumption is that it is a must that we involve PI in between.

The only thing I can think of a system can work on XI 3.0 protocol via SOAP adapter, then its possible. Can you comment please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

you can directly send messages to ECC via RFC and third party webservices using application communication.

For rest all scenarios you need to have PI.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks. Have you got any link for RFC communication directly to ECC via NW BPM.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I dont have any links.

In the NWBPM process select the activiy->service reference->properties.you get 3 options

Select RFC.

Then in NWA->appilcation communction select the service reference and mention ECC details

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Take a look at this. Not sure if this is what you are referring to.

Thank you,

Justin.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Justin, This is not exactly what I was looking for but this is helpful

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi did you check what I said?

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you think I missed ?

NWBPM seems to support RFC/XI/WS. But for others we must involve PI. What else ?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I don't recall being able to send a message directly from ccBPM to a target system. For ccBPM design, you still have to design a configuration scenario to route from ccBPM as sender to the target system. This means any message out of ccBPM goes through PI's integration engine before reaching the target system.

The approach with NW BPM is exactly the same. You can to route a message out of NW BPM through a PI iFlow/ICO.

ccBPM and NW BPM are used to design and control the flow of process, messaging to/from backend systems still goes through PI.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thats what I wanted to say - we could use ccBPM as a sender and send the messages to a receiver. By 'Direct' I meant to say, unlike NW BPM which first sends the message to PI and then PI takes care.

For example - if the result from BPM processing needs to be sent to a third party as a file, in case of ccBPM, we would configure the message from ccBPM to third party by configuring receiver determination / interface determination and receiver agreement, so sender here is ccBPM and target is third party.

But here in NWBPM, we first need to route the message to PI (One ICO) and then PI would another ICO to send the file to third party. I hope you get my point which is - NWBPM is not the direct sender unlike ccBPM

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you actually tried to implement a scenario in NW BPM? The approach to send a message from NW BPM is EXACTLY the same as ccBPM.

When sending a message out of NW BPM, you just need one ICO in PI not two:-

Sender NW BPM  to receiver third party.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

I am yet to receive my access for PO system. Should be getting it this week, btw, have you got any example ?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Are you looking for NWBPM scenarios??

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you haven't tried it out, I'd suggest that you read the following article. Hopefully it would help clear up your previous assumptions about NW BPM as compared to ccBPM.

It's a good starting place and if you want more it is just a search away. Plenty of BPM articles in SCN.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Eng Swee, I have already checked this one and many more over SDN. I didn't find what I am looking for. (NWBPM -> Third party). The link you copied also talks about NWBPM -> PI only.

If you look closely, almost every blog tells about NWBPM -> PI, not NWBPM -> third party.

And hence my query here. As Raghu mentioned (and my understanding as well), we can not send the direct messages to third parties. We have to first send the message to PI from NWBPM and then PI takes care of that message. Its not a one to one transformation when comparing with ccBPM.

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

No mate. SDN has plenty of them. My query was straight forward I think