Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Additional ledger constrain in New asset accounting for S4 HANA

Hi Friend,

My company is in Hana on cloud and we are planning to go for S/4 HANA Finance ( Simple finance) next year July. For S/4 Hana Finance we have to move to new asset accounting from classic asset accounting. According we have decided to move with the ledger approach with new asset accounting.

My client is a UK based company with legal entities spread across the countries.

For legal reporting we follow the April to March reporting period for all company codes but for local reporting we have to abide by country specific tax requirement. For example countries Russia and Mexico the leading ledger(0L)  is maintained in April to March fiscal year but for local report Jan to December fiscal year is maintained.

Hence at the time of migration of Chart of depreciation ( one of the step post installation of Simple finance alias SFin 1503 alias S/4 Hana Finance) , system gives a error message start and end end of the leading and non leading ledger is not same. As with new asset accounting there will be real time posting in both the books (i.e leading and non leading ledger) . SAP has recently introduced a note with more clarity on the topic. The SLO service mentioned in the note is a work around to abide by the issue of asset accounting rather can completely solving.

SAP note 2220152 - Ledger approach and Asset Accounting (new): Non-calendar fiscal year variant for parallel valuation

Good to have your view on the same as we are stuck.

Regards

Shikha

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question