cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can one Condition Type make 2 postings into the same GL (Credit and Debit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pricing Gurus,

we have a requirement at our client as follows for Inter-Biz sales. I would like to have your expert advice on how to get it addressed -

1. For every sale made for a particular Material by a selling entity, we want to calculate the amount (we call it as Manufacturing credit) which should be given back to the manufacturing entity. Manufacturing credit = Quantity X Inter-biz Price. Quantity will be the quantity of material on the sales order line item and Inter-Biz price will be stored in the condition records.

2. We want one condition type to make 2 entries in the same non-ops GL account. This will be more like a royalty account. One entry will be for Debit towards the selling business entity and the other entry will be for the Credit towards the manufacturing business entity. Basically we are going to take the money out from the selling business based on some pre-negotiated amount and give it to the manufacturing BU. If this is not possible with one condition type, then does it make sense to have two condition types?

3. Manufacturing business unit is represented by the Manufacturing Profit center and Selling business unit is represented by selling business unit Profit center. The selling Profit center will come from the sales order line item (which gets populated from the material master). We want to store the manufacturing BU profit center as the condition record if possible. I did not see this as a field which can be added to the condition table from the field catalog. If this is not an option then other option can be to have it in some custom table from where the system can pick it up  either while doing the price or while doing the FI postings. Can this be achieved by having two condition types ? one for the debit towards one profit center and another for credit towards another profit center ? what would be the best option ?

4. This entries made in this GL account also have to goto COPA.

Please let me know what is the best way to handle this situation. If something is not clear then please <Text removed by Moderator for sharing personal details> or ask questions in this post.

thanks

ashish

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

In your pricing procedure, input account key and accrual account key for this condition type, then in VKOA assign same GL account to those account key.

Regards,

Budi

msa2
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you find any solution for your question?

I have the same situation as yours.

Please let me know the process you followed. Thanks