cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workload Management in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I want to test this functionaltiy in SAP HANA with two applications SAP Lumira and Tableau .So i need to create workload classes and workload mapping for these two application.But i dont know how to do this .I have these documentation for my reference .

Create a Workload Class

Creates a workload class called MRP with the following resource properties (you can set all resource properties or only a subset):

● statement_priority = execution priority for a statement.

● statement_memory _limit = max #of memory allocated per statement

● statement_thread_limit = max #of parallel threads to execute a statement

Creates a workload mapping based on client context information (‘ClientInfo object’ sent by the SAP HANA application):

● Client = client number (usually applied by SAP ABAP applications, like SAP Business Suite / BW)

● Application Name = name of the application

● Application User Name = name of the application user (usually the user logged into the application)

● User Name = name of the database user (the SAP HANA user, where the application is connected with)

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Developer_Guide_for_SAP_HANA_Studio_en.pdf

but we need to Set SessionSpecific Client Information . Based on this information the client is classified and mapped to a workload class

Anybody has experience in it.??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'session specific client information' refers to specific session variables ALTER SYSTEM ALTER SESSION SET - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library.

These have to be set by the application that performs the connect to SAP HANA.

I've written about the usage of session variables a few times in the past:

This - and of course - the documentation should give you an idea on the concept.

Anyhow, the workload class mapping doesn't require you to set all of the possible mapping parameters.

If the client application doesn't fill the APPLICATION session variable, then you can assign the workload class e.g. via the user name.

Consider the following example:

create workload class lumira_user

SET 'PRIORITY' = '3',

'STATEMENT MEMORY LIMIT' = '2',

'STATEMENT THREAD LIMIT' = '20';

I created a workload class for my SAP Lumira users, with a priority of 3, a statement memory limitation of 2 GB and a maximum of 20 parallel threads per statement.

CREATE WORKLOAD MAPPING "WL_LUMIRA_MAPPING"

WORKLOAD CLASS "LUMIRA_USER"

SET 'USER NAME' = 'OZDUDE';

Now I define that this workload class shall be assigned to connections that are made with db user "OZDUDE".

When connecting with SAP Lumira I now can see that the workload class has been assigned to the user:

select connection_id, connection_status, user_name, workload_class_name

from m_connections where user_name='OZDUDE';

/*           

CONNECTION_ID   CONNECTION_STATUS   USER_NAME   WORKLOAD_CLASS_NAME

207599          IDLE                OZDUDE      LUMIRA_USER       

207597          IDLE                OZDUDE      LUMIRA_USER       

*/

Answers (0)