cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII Netweaver RAM Memory Keep on increasing day to day after restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some problem with SAP MII Netweaver after restart. The Netweaver RAM memory is keep on increasing day to day. Now its almost reached to 95% consumption.

When i gone through log viewer, there are huge  errors logs and few are unable to understand. I have correct one which related to Scheduler jobs which initially jobs took default User id 'SYSTEM' but, after restart its getting error failed due to insufficient credentials. After entering User credentials, errors got stopped.

Now still I am facing lot of different error logs which i unable to find what exactly its going wrong and where.

I have 2 questions

1. Why SAP MII Netweaver RAM memory consumption keep on increasing?
  2. Provide any clues and solutions, how can we correct these error logs?
  3. And I see one more error which doesn't come frequently but still i want to know why this error getting, the error "Could Not Get Value For MappedRecord Value DELAY_TIME_5" and attached screenshot

Thanks in Advance,

*Note: I have attached RAM Memory consumption and Error log screenshot.

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Have you checked if garbage collector is working properly? I had this experience with a PI system where memory is being exhausted leading to frequent OOM causing the instance to crash. You may want to open an incident to SAP if this is affecting production. If you are hitting a bug, they would recommend a software patch.

Regards,

Glenn 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for information.

Can you please let me know where I can see garbage collector in Netweaver. And let me know what setting we have to do to clear garbage and bring RAM memory down or stabilize. Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can monitor GC via wily introscope if you have one setup in your landscape. Else, you have to manually analyze your system logs. You can start at dev_server0. Also, try to capture thread dumps when your system is getting high on memory usage.

Going back from your 1st screenshot, your SAP memory usage is "green" while the red one is under OS. If your system is running on Linux, then this could explain the high consumption:

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

The OS running on Unix platform.

Yes SAP memory usage is green but, when I gone through RAM usage from cmd, Jstart & sapstartsrv command utilizing more. Please go through below screenshot. Thanks,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per above RAM memory consumption, I have downloaded the Heap Dump. When I gone through report, there are few problem suspects identified which are consuming more memory. I unable to understand to which these suspects pointing in SAP MII

Can anyone help one this,

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or ,

Please take a look at this and advise whether this should be moved to a NW or PI community and/or who should be taking a look at it for resolution.

Hi Praveen Reddy,

Please add the versions of the components (NW, PI, MII) and SP levels.  Also how many days pass until it hits 95%.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

0 Kudos

I recommend that they have a look at this note and this will point them in the right direction of what needs to be updated and managed in their environment:

2187724 - Component Version Checks

I have noticed instability for MII when various core NW classes were out of date.

Sam