SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Derivation-> Funded Program from WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Greetings!!!

We are in realization phase of an implementation project. The business requirement includes the derivation of Funded Program from WBS element

- Both Funded program and WBS elements are one to one & master data will be maintained in the systems

- WBS element number logic is given below    

XX.1000

XX.1000.10

XX.1000.10.01

XX.1000.10.02

I have developed an assignment rule with Source as " WBS Element" and Target field as " Measure - Funded Program"

The derivation rules are designed 3 levels with below logic

- 1st line -> source field character position from 17/18 digit with 6 / 7 digits  (as WBS element total length is 24 digits)

- 2nd line -> source field character position from 14/16 digit with 8 /10 digits etc

Unfortunately i didn't get success and the system is not deriving the same

Also i tried to use the function module " FMDT_CONVERTION_WBS_EXT_TO_INT and FMDT_CONVERTION_WBS_INT_TO_EXT.

Also i tried to use the function module FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT Read WBS Element Master Data -> maintained Funded Program against WBS element.

In all attempts, i am not able to get the result.

Kindly suggest, is there any way to meet the business requirement except maintaining the Funded Program in WBS Master data.

Kindly revert

Regards

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli, Shyamal Jajodia & Lewis

Thank you very much for your advises.

The issue got resolved. I have used the below logic

Function Module : FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT

Source = POSID (WBS element)

Target = POSIK = Field as "MEASURE" (Funded Program)

Here, POSIK storing value as POSID with "."

Now i am able to derive any digit WBS as Funded Program.

Thanks & Regards

Anil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you base a rule on WBS, then it's indeed stored in internal format and in this format appears in COBL structure. So, if you want to take part of WBS's string, you'll need first to do a conversion. By doing so, you can populate a user-field USERTEMP1 and base your rule of type 'Table Lookup' on it. Alternatively, if you want more flexibility, create a rule of 'enhancement' type: in this way you will be able to program whatever you want. It will create a user-exit in SAPLFMDT include...

Regards,

Eli

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You can also the function module FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT Read WBS Element Master Data with the external version of the WBS Element ID i.e. PRPS-POSID.

Source Field should be POSID and Target Field should be MEASURE on the row for POSID. Also note that the "." in the mask will be dropped so calculate the digits accordingly.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I have the same requirements and am able to derive Funded program.

1. I have integrated FM with PS. "Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments"

spro>Public sector Management>Funds management government>Actual commitment update/integration>Maintain Field status for assigning FM Account assignments

2. I have defined a functional module to read Network Activity  to FM Assignment from FMZUOB (FMDT_READ_ORDER_NV_FROM_FMZUOB)

3. I have maintained an assignment "WBS" to "Funded program"

I would also advise you activate trace to see why the assignment is failing.

Regards,

Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli, Shyamal Jajodia & Lewis

Thank you very much for your advises.

The issue got resolved. I have used the below logic

Function Module : FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT

Source = POSID (WBS element)

Target = POSIK = Field as "MEASURE" (Funded Program)

Here, POSIK storing value as POSID with "."

Now i am able to derive any digit WBS as Funded Program.

Thanks & Regards

Anil