cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Upload of Data in DMS for material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to upload 5,00,000 image files to DMS for Material master table.

Please explain the process of doing so for bulk records.

i can create one document in DMS and Map it with Material now.

Is there any way to do map files uploaded with the corressponding item number ? There is also a possibility of one material having many images.

Please Help

Thanks and Regards,

Daniel C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

This can be easily acheived using a two LSMW programs. Ensure you go as per sequence said below.

First one to updload documents which can have structure something like mentioned below

( You can include more fields, refer table DRAW )

I have shown the example where one document has several originals. You just keep all files in one folder and mention the folder path as shown.

Doc TypeDocumentsVersionPartUserStatusChange NumberOriginal
XXXABC00000XYZRLXXXXXXXXC:\UPLOAD\XXXX1.doc
XXXABC00000XYZRLXXXXXXXXC:\UPLOAD\XXXX2.doc
XXXABC00000XYZRLXXXXXXXXC:\UPLOAD\XXXX3.doc

Once the documents are uploaded, you may have to do similarly for uploading the object links , the format can be as shown below ( You can include more fields -Refer table DRAD)

You can upload even multiple documents to same material or same document to multiple materials. Ensure you mention those details in the below table.

Doc TypeDocumentsVersionPartObjectObject key
XXXABC00000MARAMAT1
XXXABC00000MARAMAT2
XXXABC00000MARAMAT3

Discuss with your  developers with this info, they would be happy to help you. It will be very simple programs. One thing to note is it will take time to upload once you start program and it may load the ERP. So plan for the proper time after discussing with basis team.

Hope this info would be helpful.

BR,

Sudharshan

Answers (0)