cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods movement bin of delivery items in a HU must be uniform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While creating Inbound delivery order  EWM, im getting the following error,

Goods movement bin of delivery items in a HU must be uniform.

Regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have tried the same, but still it is not determining the storage bin fo rHU.

Pls let me know the step by step procedure for the same, so that it would be easy to configure and process.

Thanks

Venu

former_member230160
Active Participant

Hello Venu,

I thought you are talking about the goods movement bin and not the storage bin.

These are totally different things. Please have a look at the delivery item (e.g. in transaction /SCWM/PRDI) there you see all field.

This is only for "normal" inbound deliveries, for outbound or production it is different.

Regarding the goods movement bin (GMBIN). there is a sequence based on which it is determined:

1.) If the item is assigned to a TU it is taken form the TU

2.) if the item is assigned to a door it is taken from the door bin ( transaction /SCWM/DOOR_SCU)

3.) otherwise it uses the GMBIN determination see transaction /SCWM/GMBIN_DET

4.) if nothing found it takes as fallback the "source bin" from the used warehouse process type (in the corresponding warehouse). See in customizing "Define Warehouse Process Type".

5.) if you want you own logic, there is also a BAdI  /scwm/ex_dlv_det_gm_bin with method DETERMINE_GM_BIN with which you can influence this.

Best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

First thing is that you or no one create inbound delivery order in EWM system, it can be IDN and then ID(Inbound Delivery).

A goods movement bin must be determined by system or entered by you to post GR, it can be determined based on your configurations (staging area/door determination) or it can also be maintained in Warehouse Process Type (i.e. GR-ZONE), same gets determined in delivery line item as WPT get determined.

Regards

Anoop S

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you post a HU goods receipt the stock will be posted on a specific bin. The system needs to know which bin this should be. Usually you can let this bin be determined or enter it. This information is stored on the delivery item (for TUs it is slightly different).

If you now have a situation where you have multiple items and you have different goods movement bins entered/determined, then which bin should be used for the goods receipt (due to physics it can only be on either the one or the other).

Therefore check how you fill or determine the goods movement bin.

Best regards

Markus