cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document releaser and approver can not be the same person

0 Kudos

Hi

I have four statuses to a document type In work, Approved, Released and Archived. Now my requirement is like document approve and release should be done by two different user ID's, they must not be the same persons. System should not allow the same user id to do so. System has to throw a error message.

How this can be achieved through standard configuration settings? what steps need to follow?

Thanks,

Atul Tulaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your reply sudarshan and niketan.

I understood that it can be done through status dependent authorizations. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

This can be acheived easily using two different roles assigned to two different persons one with Status Dependendent Authorisation ( C_DRAW_TCS) having status document approve and other with status Dependent Authorisation with status release. Explore more on Authorisation Objects to get more clarity.

BR,

Sudharshan

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sudharshan ,

I agree, but If I understand the requirement right, from general authorization even approvers
should be able to release the documents

e.g. User A and B, both should be able to approve the documents and release documents however for a given instance of DIR , if it is approved by User A , it should not be released by User A...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikethan,

May be Atul mentioned just a generic requirement, If we think from DMS prospective, it may be logical to add one more status as reviewer or checker. With that , I would probably draw a stat network like this to address this req. I would also include RJ status for rejection so that one can rework if a document is rejected for some corrections.

I have also mentioned roles ( as examples only) above for easier understanding.

BR,

Sudharshan

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I don't think it is standard configuration. You have to use customization.

Thanks and regards