Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfaction of moderation activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moderator (To whom so ever it may concern),

I don't know why you have rejected this document

You have mentioned 3 reasons of rejection i.e.

1] It contains some copy paste for help.sap.com

--> Are you sure?  I have copied that code! Not at all. I have made it manually after gone through SAP Press book by Wood J, other reference and summarize it into small code segment. For Example if someone ask you how to write hello world program in abap then how do you write it. It must be identical and looks similar like typical hello world program that does not mean copy paste code. The same thing I have mentioned as a sample code here. So it is not considered as copy paste code. It is shown in best possible way.

2] The code is in image, cannot be copy pasted and so isn't useful

-->  I am not getting proper formatting at a time of creating this document. Formatting is getting removed automatically I have tried it many times with html format, xml format but formatting is not getting its effected. For that I have attached source code file at the end of the document so that everyone can download and practice by their own.

3] The wiki is more suitable.

Can you tell me why I use only wiki? Not document? Choosing of presentation method should be user depended.

->wiki is not clearer with compare to document, document is one of the best to presentation tool.

->wiki is not able to bookmark.

PS: Revoke your rejection and present it to the users, If Possible.

Regards,

Avirat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've moved your post to the correct space. May I suggest that a subject of "Queries concerning moderation" would have been rather less confrontational? Especially since you are seeking a reversal of a decision.

1) Yes I'm sure. I don't make accusations of that sort unless I'm sure. You have copied

Objects are instances of classes. There can be any number of objects or instances in a class. Each object has a unique identity and its own attributes.

from help.sap.com

This is the only plagiarism with the document and relatively minor, and probably accidental, but it needed pointing out, since copy pasting other work, e.g. from help.sap.com as you have done is strictly against the rules. A second occurence leads to account suspension - that's how serious it is.

2) Notwithstanding you are not getting proper formatting (which can be achieved with a little effort - many other people have managed it - personally I use html pre tags), posting images of source code adds no value.

3) The content contains very little in the way of explanation. It is a collection of definitions, sample code and few tips. It is not comprehensive. In my view that is best suit to the wiki. There it can be added to (and corrected - see below) by others. Content comprising mainly of code is rarely suitable as a document or blog.

4) Furthermore, your content contains factual errors. For example:

>Static data shares common value across any number of its object, and it is only accessible inside static method and it is accessible via => operator (cls_name=>static attribute).

This is not the case. You can access static methods and attributes from within instance methods. You can also access public static methods and attributes from outside the class.

Protected section will become private in successor class once it is inherited from parent.

Simply not true.

5) Some of your so-called key points are not key at all. For example:

The tilde (~) between the interface name and the interface component name is called the interface component selector operator

I didn't know that. I've been programming in Objects for 15 years and I've never needed to know it either.

XML Transformation using Tcode xslt_tool to generate xml files.

This isn't even Objects specific. Just a random item of information.

Now, I appreciate that you've put effort in and it hurts when it gets rejected, but on balance, I think it's pretty clear that your content meets neither the form nor the quality standards required for content to be published as a document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Its ok, I cannot go in further discussion and do not like to say anything more. I would like to stay always with Official SAP Press Book and its theory rather than anything else.

Thanks you for your feedback.

-Avirat

Alternate Link : Key Points Of Object Oriented Programming - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm particularly impressed by the way you have simply copy and pasted your document into the wiki and haven't addressed any of the other concerns - like the errors I've already pointed out?

I've removed portions and fixed some of the errors.

Answers (0)