cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 Oracle JDBC connection with OCI8 Driver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

in our company we implementing a SAP IDM SP9 with an Oracle DB. For test and development environments we had always used the Oracle OLE DB and for JDBC Connection the Oracle Thin Driver.

For the production environment, we have now built an Oracle DB with DataGuard. For this connection, the Oracle Thin Driver is unsuitable, since an explicit hostname is required.

Hence my question: Can we also use the Oracle OCI8 Driver? I couldn’t find anything to the OCI8 driver in the documentary.

Thanks for the help.

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

My first thought would be to check the PAM, to see if it's listed there, but somehow I don't think so.

I would assume that it should work, but then there's the additional complexity of integrating with Dataguard.  So unfortunately I can only reccomend:

1. Testing in a DEV environment.

2. Opening a Support Note to see what SAP has to say, and keep them posted about your findings.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt, Thanks for your suggestions. I opened later a SAP OSS Call. In this I have also described the problem. I got in response: In this constellation, we should even use the OCI8 driver. Basically, it should be noted, that SAP makes to the SAP Notes contradictory information. Mathias