cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Unit Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working with a store network that sell Ceramic Tiles, and they use Square meters (M2) as a Base Unit of Measure for this material. They also handle the inventories in M2 and the material Price is by M2.

The problem we have, is that they sell the material in M2, but it is packed in boxes of 1.5 M2 each one for example, and the customer ask for M2 but the quantity may not be equivalent to the M2 in the boxes.

I mean, if a customer ask for 2 M2, but as each box has 1.5M2, the Sales Order should show 3 M2, because we can’t divide the box and the delivery unit should be to 2 boxes (CRT unit in SAP).

I defined M2 as a Base Unit of Measure and CRT as an Alternative Unit of Measure, using the relationship 10 CRT to 15M2, in order to use whole numbres, because the system doesn’t allow decimals.

I also defined, in the carpet sales org. 1, the following quantity stipulations:

Min . order qty: 1.5 M2 ; Min. Dely qty: 1.5 M2; Delivery unit: 1 CRT

In the Plant data /stor. 1 carpet, I defined CRT as a Unit of issue.

I made a test but it didn’t work, I create an order for 2M2 and the system showed 2M2 instead of 3M2.

Could you please tell me what I did wrong and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U maintain condition record for material in sale unit, since u maintained the conversion factor in material master, during sales order processing system shows no of base units,maintained for a sales unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends, I really appreciate your help, but could you be more explicit, because I do not understand your comments.

Could you tell me what to do and how to do it? Step by step as a procedure for dummies.

Thanks a lot.

Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

You can define Base unit as M2, need not mention units in Sales unit field, when defining min. order qty- 1.5 M2, Min del. qty - 1.5 M2, and delivery unit - CRTand save it, go to VK11- in condition records give unit as CRT, here system will ask for conversion unit. define the conversion creat sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

could you tell me what condition type should I define?

Thanks,

Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I really appreciate your help, but could you be more explicit, because I do not understand your comments.

Could you tell me what to do and how to do it? Step by step as a procedure for dummies.

Thanks a lot.

Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gerado,

You can use price condition PR00 for this,

reward points if it helps

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj, I already had the condition PR00 defined for the material, and the price is by M2, because they sell by M2.

I solved the problem partially with the rounding profile in the material master record, and now the system rounds the M2 quantity to the M2 in the box, I mean, if the sales order is by 5M2, the system rounds to 6M2 because each box has 1.5M2 and this is ok, however the system doesn't take the unit delivery in boxes (CRT) but M2, and we need to delivery in boxes not in M2.

Regards, Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends, in addition to the rounding profile, there is not a solution for the delivery unit. If you revise the OSS note 45347, SAP says that the system does not convert to the unit of issue.

Thanks all of you for your time.