Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap fault: Virtual Interface not found

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I tried to post a message from PI to web service, I am getting an error as below in the communication channel. I also tried to post through altova xml spy but getting the same error as Virtual interface not found. Con any one please give me an idea how to resolve this?

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Virtual Interface not found.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Webservice call failed even from XML Spy, then its not a problem with PI.

Not sure if the below thread will help, but take a look. See the last response in the thread

Thank you,

Justin.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As justin has pointed out the probem is not with the SOAP adapter in SAP PI. It is with the service.

Assuming based on experience the service is of an ABAP system, Please see the following SAP Note-

1903490- 'Virtual Interface not found' error from ABAP web service

cheers.

Vikas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your PI version?, have you tried with SOAPui tool?, sometimes it better than XMLSPy because it generates a payload sample that it can be helpful for you. It is the endpoint an ECC to expose a webservice?.

Regards.