cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - iOS Branding.plist File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the Branding.plist file for iOS have to go in the project root?  I'm trying to edit this file at runtime which I can only do if it is in the Documents folder.  I wasn't sure if the Agentry framework could read it from there.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can't edit the Branding.plist at runtime.  You have to set the file and compile it into the ipa as part of building an Agentry client from the framework.

What are you looking to do at runtime?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to prepopulate the server URL so that the user doesn't have to enter it.  The issue with the Branding.plist file is that we would have to build a separate IPA for each server environment.  My idea was to add a setting to the iOS app and then load that into the Branding.plist file at runtime.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to pre-load the server you are correct you need a separate ipa for each server.  But by doing this you can give them different names so you can the developers \ testers can have multiple clients installed to connect to different systems to test\fix any issues or changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info!  There is also no way to pass the URL in via the Agentry API at runtime either correct?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.  There is no API/setting to automatically change the URL at runtime.

--Bill

Answers (0)