cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Customs Declaration population of Mode of Transport at Border

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am stuck on an issue.  We need to populate the Mode of Transport (field MTBRC) under the Means of Transport at the Border when the Import Customs Declaration is created.

Under the Master Data > Default Data > Define Rules for Default Document Data we had this always defaulting a "1".  We now need this to be based on the Inbound Delivery.

I removed the 1 from the rules that was defaulting but by doing this the field is coming in blank.  Under the rules the section looks like:

Mode of Transport at Border                             H_MTRBC

-Organizational Unit ./ Country of Destination    FC_0031

-Country of Destination                                       FC_0002

-Geographical Group                                         FC_0040

-Default                                                              STANDARD

My question is do I need custom programing in my production R/3 system is populate this?  We already have a few BAdI's active but I don't see where this is called out.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I assume you are talking about the process Customs Declaration after Goods Receipt?  Unfortunately the Mode of Transport is not transferred from the feeder system, so some BAdI code will probably be required to copy the value in the Inbound Delivery.

Before you start coding, it could be worth considering if there are any clues in the data that IS transferred to GTS.  For example, could you deduce the Mode of Transport from the Goods Supplier?  If so, then you could set up Data Proposal rules in customising using the relevant fields.

Otherwise, I think you have two options:

1. Use BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_MM0C_R3 to copy the MoT into one of the "Additional Data" fields in each item, and set up the Data Proposal to use that field as a Reference.
  2. Use BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_MM0C_R3 to copy the MoT into one of the Extension structures, and use BAdI /SAPSLL/BADI_IFMAP_CUS_CUWL to transfer that same data into a new field in the customer include structure /SAPSLL/CUSWLO_CUST_S.  Add the same field to the customer include structure /SAPSLL/CUIT_CUST_S, and use BAdI /SAPSLL/CUS_CUWL to transfer the value from the work-list entry into the Declaration Item.  Then set up a new Source Field in Data Proposal using that field.

That second option is quite complicated, so I recommend the first.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave