cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing archiving objects and Info structures

0 Kudos

Hi

I am a new starter in SAP ILM and enabled ILM in NW 740 ABAP only stack. We could not see all the archiving objects (for example FI_DOCUMNT)  that we normally see in an ERP system. Also the archiving infostructures related to the archiving objects are not available.

Has any one have worked on similar environment?

Best Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen. As we are using NW 740 stack with ILM enabled, the component APPL does not exists and I guess this note would not be applicable as such.

Its not only for the FI_DOCUMNT object, its for most of the archiving objects like MM_MATBEL or SD_VBAK etc, we do not see them.

Also the infostructures for these objects will not be available.

Best Regards

Raj J

santosh_v
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

ILM (which is part of NW 740) is just a framework which enables application teams to create archiving objects (and of course, it provides various other services). To utilize the different archiving objects provided by various applications, you need to have the respective components. The archiving objects themselves are delivered by different application components. For example, if you have the APPL layer, you will see the various objects delivered in the APPL layer. NW layer alone is not sufficient for your purposes.

I recommend that you go through some basic documentation available in this space to learn more about archiving and the pre-requisites. All the best.

Thanks and Regards,

Santo.