cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the value from ALV Grid in Persona's 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to read the value from ALV grid using persona's script and then use that value for further processing. I have added a script button on my screen which on click should read the value of the selected column/row. I get an error when I select a row and click on the button, but when I attach this script execute to push action of the ALV grid, it works fine when I highlight the field and click on enter.

I guess this is due the focus of the ALV grid for which I added focus step in the script before reading value but still I get the error when I click the button.

My requirement is to read the row field value from ALV grid on button click.

I have attached the screen prints to display the script I have created. Can some one please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Ravi G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The selected row value (args.row) is only available in the table events - it is not available in a script attached to a button. To do what you are trying to achieve, you will need to use a script on the table's onSelect event to copy the value to a hidden field, and have the button's script pick up the value from there. I don't think there's another way of doing it.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. I have another issue in terms of performance. I am trying to load my version of flavor in personas and could see that system is taking around 10-15 mins to load my flavour. I did some analysis and found that the table /PERSOS/CONTCHNG has around 367000 entries for my flavour and the majority of the time is taken to read the data from this table.

I verified the indexes and SAP has already delivered a index on the field SCREENCHANGEID for this table. Can you please suggest if there is anything that I can do to improve the performance of this. I am sure you might have come across this scenario as this is the first flavour I am developing and has this issue.

Thanks,

Ravi G

Former Member
0 Kudos

10-15 minutes? Really? That's not good. That is a lot of changes for one flavour. In my system that table has less than 10% as many entries (just over 23k, in fact) for all of my flavours. I assume the is one flavour you've been working on for a  long time, making many, many changes? The first this I would do is to copy the flavour to a new one. That will compress all of those entries into a much (hopefully MUCH) smaller set. Try that and let me know what difference it makes.

Steve.