cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to implement SOAP to File scenario and i am using sync/async bridge.

I used this blog to create message interface and IP,

I am little confused with , how many mappings do i need to have in my interface.

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

could anyone help me to telll how many mappings do i need to create in my interface?

Thanks,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

You would need 2 Message Mappings...One for the Request and the Other for the Response...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of response the SOAP would get from the sync/async bridge?

what types of mapping would be there

SOAPrequest to File data

???? to SOAPResponse

And how and where could i connect abstract interfaces with the outbound and inbound interfaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

the response wil be File data to SOAP response.

the data type for ur file should be in succha way tha it has two sub structures vis a vis Request and Response both with occurende 0.1.

for the source u will map the SOAP request to the target request,and for response u will map File response to SOAP response.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

First in the Receive Step and open the sync-async Bridge, to Receive the SOAP Request

Then you have the Transform Step to convert the SOAP Request to the File Structure.

Then you have the send step to send the File to the required Destination.

Then you will have a Receive Step to receive Step to receive the File sent from the File System...

Then Have a transform step to do the required transformation to convert the File Structure to the SOAP Response.

Finally have the send step closing the sync-async Bridge to send back the response to the calling System.

In the Blog you are referring, i would suggest you to have a close look into the Structure of the Data Type Created and also have look at the communication channels and Receiver Determinations that are there.... When u have a close look at this, you will understand the flow...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmad,

I am still unable to get it.

e.g i have SOAPrequest structure as

data1

data2

SOAPResponse as

data1

data2

data3

and

File structure is

Filedata1

and in processing i would like to add data1 and data2 from SOAPRequest data

and then send it to file as Filedata1

and SOAP expects in return three field , which could be anything...

Now , i have created 6 msg message interfaces,

3 for BPM

3 for request response and sync

Now could anyone assist me by giving example what mappings do i need in my interface and how many interface mapping do i need?

How can i connect my absract message interfaces with the other interfaces?

Thank

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks abhy for your reponse,

I have created the message interfaces and BPM with sync/async bridge.

i got stuckup with the mapping and couldnt really understand what and where to map.... and what should be the reponse to the SOAPresponse structure?

would it be SOAPrequest to FileStructure

and FileStructure to SOAPResponse??

Thanks

Message was edited by:

pranav .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

is this a real world requirement u have?i m unable to understand why u want to use the sycn file here?

>>and SOAP expects in return three field , which could be anything...

why do u have anything?usually dont u want a response depending upon the request parameters(thats the motive of sycn scenarios,getting the response based upon ths request)

if u can explain ur scenario a bit more,i guess we shud be able to frame ur file data structure

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmad for your response,

This is not a real time scenario,

I just wanted to create interface to test sync/async bridge,. but I am really unable to get these :

1. how many MM do i need to create for simple interface having sync/async bridge

2. how many IM do i need to create?

3. what type of response SOAP response would get?

4. How to connect the outbound and inbound to abstract interfaces created for messages and for BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

see the way it works it ur File structure is something like this

<DT_File_Receiver>

<Request>(0.1)

<EmpId>1111</EmpId>

<Response>(0.1)

<EmpName>Mark</Empname>

</Request>

now u will use the same file in both the mapping,the request mapping will be

SOAP to File(here u will populate only EmpId.

and the response mapping will be

File to SOAP(here u will map Empname to the respective filed in SOAP.

u will have only 1 Interface mapping.

One thing i should add is that this is not a very common scenario,Usually if SOAP has to get some response,its SOAP to RFC coz that a lot easier and more rational.

>>4. How to connect the outbound and inbound to abstract interfaces created for messages and for BPM?

U dont connect outbound or inbound interfaces with abstract interfaces,they both are totally different things.

thanx

ahmad

Answers (0)