cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing from Lumira Desktop v1.29 to Cloud and Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

As per my understanding from Lumira v 1.29 release notes, publishing from Lumira Desktop to Cloud and Server of previous versions has been deprecated.

What is the version of Server for HANA and Cloud should be used in order to make this option available?

Or is the option totally removed and only Server for BI Platform and Server for Teams is going to be made available.

Appreciate any help in clarifying this statement!

Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi -

To share to Lumira Cloud, you need to be on 1.28

Please see

"You can have 1.28/1.29 installed on same desktop (following these instructions) and then use 1.28 to deploy to Lumira Cloud Deploying two editions of SAP Lumira desktop on... | SCN " - also see Hello SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform. Goodby... | SCN for future direction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your swift reply.

For Cloud, I need to be on 1.28. Is publishing to Lumira Server for HANA possible from v 1.29?

After installing 1.29, when I select a story in Share room, I find only publishing to BI Platform and Server for Teams is enabled.

One other question. Does Server for BI Platform accepts all data sources including HANA online and any data sources restriction while scheduling ?

Regards

Adithya

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - you need to deploy both 1.28/1.29 to see it as described here to share to Lumira Cloud https://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/09/19/deploying-two-editions-of-sap-lumira-desktop-on...

I am not using LS for HANA so I will need to defer on that question

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lumira Server for BIPlatform supports all the sources described in the Product Availability Matrix for Lumira +  the databases supported through a BO Universe (see PAM for BI4.1.x Semantic Layer)

currently, BIPlatform does not itself manage the HANA connections but it can support those workflows when Lumira is running on the platform.

Scheduling of output 'types' are limited when running Lumira. you are really only pre-running (caching) an updated result-set,  rather than outputting to file formats.

Cheers

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you!

Please find my understanding listed below

1. LS4BIP allows scheduling of Lumira documents based on Excel, CSV and universes only.

2. BIPlatform does not itself manage the HANA connections but it can support those workflows when Lumira is running on the platform. Do you mean the Add on Lumira server for BIP? Will the calculation speed be as fast as in LS4H?

Appreciate your help!

Regards

Adithya

Answers (0)