CHAR4 NE C (not equal C)

CHAR7 = D

Aggregation level

CHAR1

CHAR2

CHAR3

CHAR5

CHAR6

I use this to generate some bogus Alert (DB Alert from a macro). The alert profile does NOT have any selection ID.

1) Alert gets generated but cannot be loaded to SDP94.. message "selection cannot be chosen"

What is happening ? I am close to completing a PhD on this but cannot make out.

2) Hint: I removed CHAR7 = D from selection ID and I am  able to load the Alert selection to SDP94 from Alert monitor

What is happening ?

Thanks

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There should be no corresponding selection id for the planning object when you use CHAR7 = D.
You can use transaction /sapapo/sdp_sel to find out all selection ids you have for a specific planning area.
If system cannot find a matching selection id for the selection (for a certain planning object), selection id will be blank in the generated alert.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

I do not think I  followed. Are you saying that CHAR7 = D makes the selection id blank ? It is not. It is just an additional filter.

More generally selection ID  is just a filter to group the CVCs on which some calculation happens at the specified level of aggregation. Though I do understand the risk of using wild chars. Ultimately TS_BATCH_RUN needs a list of CVC's on which some processing happens.

As regards the display of characteristics in Alert monitor, I expect all those characteristics that are used in the aggregation level to be shown. More is merrier (e.g. Nav attributes).

Please help me understand if I sound over confident 🙂

Regards

Lok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada

If the selection table /1APO/S000* has a guid that not match the guid of the alert selection in alert monitor, what does it mean ?

Is there some program / method to regenerate selection table guids ?

Can selection table have invalid guids ?

Can selection table have duplicate guids ?

Where does selection table get entries from the very first time the selection IDs 'are transported from another system ? (TSOBJ)

Is selection guid in selection table system specific (sys ID) ?

Thanks

Lok

Answers (0)