cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport Bookmark folders?

0 Kudos

Hello!

I would like to know how to transport bookmark folders. I am working with DS 1.5 SP0 and BI4.1 SP6.

I read the administration guide and all documentation related to this topic, and I couldn't find how to do it. Also, I tried to search any kind of component in the Promotion Management (CMC) but I had no luck.

My Business case:

I created a similar template delivered by SAP where users can create their own Smart Object saving them as Portable Bookmarks. These Portable bookmarks are saved in a Bookmark Folder that has Security groups assigned. This is to limit the number of Portable Bookmarks that they can see in the Composite template.

In the script to save the Portable Bookmark, I added the assignToFolder method, in this method we have to specify the FolderID, which is unique when you create the folder in the CMC.

Then, I have the Composite template, that looks for all the available smart object (Portable bookmarks) that were saved and assigned to the folder. Remember, I have to specify the FolderID.

The thing is that when I transport the Application, I cannot find how to transport the bookmark folder.

The issue:

If I create the bookmark folder in each environment (dev, qa and prod), I will have different IDs, and I will have to modify the folderID specified in the scripts inside the application in each environment.

Thanks, Federico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Thanks for your question and feedback around Design Studio bookmarks and the promotion management tool.

I can confirm that Design Studio does not yet support the use of promotion management with Design Studio bookmarks and folders.

We are aware of this feature request and hope to deliver the functionality in a future version of Design Studio.

Thanks,

Conor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe the solution can be the use of 2 global variables :

• 1 for the title of your folder (will be same on DEV INT and so on, i.e : Foldertitle) with by default the name of your folder.
  • 1 for the ID of your folder(i e : FolderID) without any default value.

On the startup program of your application, you can implement a very simple code to retrieve the ID of your folder:

var folders = Bookmark.getBookmarkFolders();

folders.forEach(function(element, index)

{

if (element.title == Foldertitle)

{

FolderID = element.id;

}

});

Now, you know the ID of your folder.

You can implement several 'if' methods if you need to know the ID of some folders.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message was edited by: kevin lemonnier

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

After reading your question, my initial thought was that I would have expected the promotion of bookmark folders to work exactly the same way as regular folders through Promotion Management in the CMC.  However, after looking at my demo system CMC I understand your dilemma.  The bookmark folders don't appear to be visible when creating a promotion job.  The only idea that came to mind is that since the bookmark folder is part of the Design Studio Runtime (installed by the BIP Add-on), perhaps the bookmark folders can be transported by transporting the Design Studio Runtime as shown in the screenshots below:

I was able to successfully export a promotion archive file containing the Design Studio Runtime but don't have access to another system to test the import in order to check if the bookmark folders are included.  Maybe you can try?

Regards,

Mustafa.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Federico - please review this thread to see if it helps - the reply is like a blog in itself: