Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in EDI 850

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding EDI 850.

Once we receive EDI 850, 850 may contain multiple ST segments, one ST is one PO right.So If in case I receive a 850 with 10ST's, now 10 PO's will get created in SAP ECC, if in case 3 PO's failed in ECC. what is the next step?how sender system knows that 3 PO's got failed and other 7 PO's got processed?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can use EDI 855 to send order acknowledgement to customer. So customer will get to know which orders are accepted or rejected.

refer - Learn about the EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment

regards,

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the reply.

How does the process happen in ECC? The Order acknowledgment Idoc has to get trigger from ECC right.so how ECC will maintain the failed orders and processed orders?and how the order ack Idoc is generated?

Thank you.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes the process will be in ECC. I am not much aware of ECC configuration but you can refer the below discussion

PO vendor acknowledgement process | SCN

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I have a doubt, suppose for an example if we receive EDI 850 contains 10 ST's and in PI we do mapping and post Idoc to ECC.As per my understanding for each ST, one Idoc will be generated, and finally we post 10 Idocs seperately into ECC system, so here my doubt is how ECC system will trigger an one single order ack Idoc with all 10 PO status inside,I mean how ECC will know that these 10 PO's belongs to one EDI doc?

Thank you.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

AFAIK - the acknowledgment for different ST will be a different IDOC. and as per my experience with PO acknowledgment partner should able to handle that in there system.

regards,

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

So you mean for one ST segement, there will be one Order ack Idoc generated from ECC?

Thank you.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes.

regards,

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So in that case for one EDI 850, we will be sending multiple EDI 855 to customer?

Thank you.

Answers (0)