cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Request is Ready for Import again.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need Small information from your side.

I am moving request from  development to quality. While Importing the request i am entering the client no and In options tab , i had not select any thing default  First option is Checking(Leave Transport Request in Queue for later import)

I had observed that .

Some requests are after import it is showing yellow color pyramid color, And it is showing the  Description as Ready to import again.

May i know what is the meaning of this one. 

I am thinking , After import, Should i import the same request again. Is it possible.

I have one more small question Please Explain me.

In Development i am changing the Source code I created one Request No as  Req1  then i moved to quality,  But not moved to Production

Waiting for Client approval.

Then in Development again i created  One more request Req3 , I moved to Quality.

DevlQltyProdChanges
REQ1REQ1 Change1
REQ2REQ2REQ2Change2

1)As per the above. Shall i move Req2  to quality to production. I hope we can move am i correct.

2)If i able to move Req2  to quality to production.So, Source code only Got Changes2 Only am i correct.

Need your valuable suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the explanations below:

1. Yellow pyramid means that the TR can be imported again over and over any number of times.

2. For example, your source code is ABC Version 1 in DEV and you made the change in ABC and its now Version 2 and captured in REQ1. You moved it to QA and now DEV and QA has ABC Version 2, except PRD which has ABC Version 1. Now, you changed the ABC from Version 2 to Version 3 in REQ2. So, if you move REQ2 to QA and PRD then it will have ABC code as Version 3, which means, ABC has all the changes of REQ1 as well as REQ2 (ABC Version 1+Version 2+Version 3) Hope its clear now.

Thanks

Avishek

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI, Thanks for your reply.

Need some more clarification.

Req1 is having the version2 it is in Quality.

Req2 is having the version3  it is in development.

Normally i am doing.

First i  am moving req1 from quality to production ,  then Right symbol is coming after i import

Then i am moving req2 to Dev to Qlty to Production, then Again right symbol is coming after i import.

This is i am doing normally. But in what case yellow pyramid  is coming. i would like to know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are importing the TR in the third tab, click (check) the option "Leave Transport Requests in Queue for later import".

If you, uncheck this then RIGHT sign is shown and if you check the otion then you will see yellow pyramid.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now Tell me

What is the meaning this line.

Yellow pyramid means that the TR can be imported again over and over any number of times.

Suppose Tr1 is imported in production  it got yellow pyramid.

Now i open the Same Source code abc , now i am doing changes. can i save the changes in  old Transport Request. (Tr1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NewB,

If a TR is imported correctly than there is not point in re-importing it again.

The yellow triangle is to let us know that the TR was imported in the present system. And can be re-imported again if required.

Now coming to your next question once the Tr1 is imported in Production, its done.

If you want to change the program Tr1 was carrying do it in Dev system, capture it in new Tr and import it in subsequent systems.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am confusing ... confusing.

The yellow triangle is to let us know that the TR was imported in the present system. And can be re-imported again if required.

My question: After import, If the system is not generated again same Tr , then What is the meaning of re import again,What does the mean,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please re-frame your question, I did not understand it

My question: After import, If the system is not generated again same Tr , then What is the meaning of re import again,What does the mean,

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Request is ready for import again.

Can plz tell me one scenario in real time.

other wise.

What is the diff between

Green color Right icon and Yellow color pyramid symbo,l I need differences.

Yelllow color pyramid is what it is doing. what it is having some specialty.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NewB,

If i understood your question correctly here is the answers.

Request is ready for import again.Can plz tell me one scenario in real time. other wise.

Imagine a situation where you have imported a Transport but changes are not reflecting due to n number of reasons so you need to import the same transport again.

What is the diff between Green color Right icon and Yellow color pyramid symbo,l I need differences.

Green Color icon : As mentioned earlier "request is waiting to be imported" means this is on the transport buffer but not yet imported.

Yellow Color icon : This request is imported into system and waiting to be imported again if required into queue.

Yelllow color pyramid is what it is doing. what it is having some speciality. : Not sure what do you mean.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NewB,

I believe you confused with two different columns in STMS_IMPORT transaction code..

One is RC (Return Code) and other ST (Import Status)

In RC Column you will find below three icons

1. Green Square: Means TR was imported in the system successfully i.e Return Code 0.

2. Yellow Triangle: Means TR imported with warnings. i.e. Return Code 4.

3. Red Circle: Means TR imported with errors. i.e. Return Code 8 or 12..

In ST column you will find few icons:

1. Green Square: TR is ready to be imported in the system. (Can be imported)

2. Green Tick: TR already imported in the system, now if you want to re-import the TR you need to add the TR to the queue again and import.

3. Yellow Triangle: TR is imported in the system and can be re-imported. Here you don't need to add the request again in the import queue as in option 2.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

From the production itself we are importing again.

I think by using menubar -> import we are re import the  Request again.

I was thought re import means again create one more tr and we are importing it in production server with in all ready imported tr(Yellow color tr number).

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"From the production itself we are importing again.

I think by using menubar -> import we are re import the  Request again."

This does not apply only to production system it can be QA also, process is same for all systems depends to the requirements where you want to move "again".

"I was thought re import means again create one more tr and we are importing it in production server with in all ready imported tr(Yellow color tr number)"

This comes when you want to add or update the existing objects and save it it will generate a new transport which you can move into another systems for that additional changes.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

"I was thought re import means again create one more tr and we are importing it in production server with in all ready imported tr(Yellow color tr number)"

This comes when you want to add or update the existing objects and save it it will generate a new transport which you can move into another systems for that additional changes.

Right now i am creating new Tr for every changes.

In what case we are importing again, for yellow color pyramid.  if the import is not import the task , completely, in this case or is there any other cases.

I had imported almost 250  requests , Each tr may have one or more tasks i never imported like yellow color pyramid.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In what case we are importing again, for yellow color pyramid.  if the import is not import the task , completely, in this case or is there any other cases."

If the changes are not reflecting properly after imports only on those case same transport needs to be re-imported again.

I had imported almost 250  requests , Each tr may have one or more tasks i never imported like yellow color pyramid.

Only main transports requests needs to be imported sub-task is part of the the same transport.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks for your reply. I am closing the post . Thanks for your Updations.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NewB,

There is a legend button on STMS Import Queue screen. All statuses are as follows.

Ready for import again means if you want you can import that request again. In need it is useful.

For your second question;

If you do not put all program in your request requests keeps only the changes. So If you donot import req1 to production system the changes in req1 will not be in production system. If this is the case you want you can import req2 before req1. But this time the changes in req1 can overwrite req2 changes.

It is better to import tested requests to qa and prod in the same import order.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks u good Explanation. So import should be proper order.