cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i delete the Sub request In the request.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look on attached file.

I am a new abap developer , I need to change the source of the program. While changing, I created the request as.

903941 I hope automatically 903942  will create.

But after i created, 903943 . They had added the request, means after I created, While they doing the changes, Latest has picked they did ok.

So,

Now I would like to move 941  with 942  , i dont want to move 943 to quality, I need to check it.

May i know how could i avoid the request 943 .

Shall i click on 903943  and press the delete icon.

need your valuable suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go ahead and delete the new subtask and move it. However, this will be an injustice to the person who created the new request as he will have to recapture his changes again in a transport.

Personally I feel the win-win situation would be:

1. Keep your TR as it is with all the subtasks.

2. Create a TOC (Transport of Copies), which will generate a new TR.

3. Copy (INCLUDE OBJECTS) from your main TR to this TOC. Here you will only copy the tasks that you want and transport this TOC.

Thanks,

Avishek

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will Check it. Keep posting.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I need a small clarification.

By using se09  i created one more request ,

Then by using se01  i was included my task. Am i correct.

So, My task is in two requests.

First time what i created, and this time again i created one more request.

Now, I open the old request, I would like to remove my task from the list.

But Plz have a look on below attached images.  I am getting the error that, It is showing that can not be deleted but it contains locked objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you will get that prompt because the objects captured in your TR are already locked as per the SAP system standard. You have two options:

1. Release the TR. This will unlock the objects.

2. Unlock the objects manually from the TR with SE03 as shown below:

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NewB,

In ABAP development when you are changing an object system locks that object so other people cannot change it at the same time. When you release the request system releases the locks also.

As Abishek meant you can sometimes unlock objects in request using SE03 but it is not advised.

You must know that there could be inconsistencies when you are doing manual unlock. The best way it to release the task and request.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks u I got the solution.

Below post is also helpful to me.

Unlock a Task from a Transport Request - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

But one small question.

While creating Tr manually  like below

vd5000101  TR number (Tr description)

vd5000102   Task name Unclassified

beside to task Unclassified is coming. May i know why. I hope this is not a problem. Am i correct.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NewB,

Here is the explanation.

Characteristics of Transport Requests

● Transport requests or tasks of type Unclassified have empty object lists.

● Changes to original objects are saved to tasks of type Development/correction.

● Changes to copies are saved to tasks of type Repair.

● The package of a repository object determines when a transport request of Transportable or Local is required.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NewB,

Top one is the request (..41) and the below ones (..42 and ..43) are tasks. Tasks change according to the username.

When you change a program system automatically creates a request and creates a task for that user under the request. If another user puts objects in the same request another task is created for that user also. You can manually create other tasks under a request. You can delete unwanted tasks. If you delete all the tasks you can delete the rewuest too.

Deleting and creating is up to you. Main focus is the chnage you want to move to other systems. If you want th changes in qa and prod systems you must keep the tasks and requests. If you donot want to move them to qa and prod you can delete them.

Deleting task or request means you delete the locks on the changed objects. So other developers can change these objects  and carry your change and their change together ro qa.

Deleting task or request does not mean that the changes on objects will be deleted. If you changed an object and donot want to move the changes to other systems you should revert back to changes on object before deleting the task or request. Otherwise as I mentioned in previous paragraph someone can move your unwanted changes to qa and prod together with his/her changes.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR