cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

column store error... [9] Memory allocation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a problem connected with querying HANA calculation view from ABAP.

I generate the SQL statement in ABAP, send it to HANA and get query results.

The SQL statement that I generate in ABAP has to have a lot of distinct WHERE conditions consisting of four fields. The query looks like this:

SELECT fld1, fld2, fld3, fld4, fld5, fld6

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."packetname/CV_MY_VIEW"

WHERE (

(fld1 = 'val11' AND fld2 = 'val12' AND fld3 = 'val13' AND fld 4 = 'val14')

OR (fld1 = 'val21' AND fld2 = 'val22' AND fld3 = 'val23' AND fld 4 = 'val24')

OR (fld1 = 'val31' AND fld2 = 'val32' AND fld3 = 'val33' AND fld 4 = 'val34')

)

When there are less than 83 conditions in WHERE clause, the view is executed by HANA in less than 1 second, returning ~3000 rows.

When there are 83 or more conditions, the execution of a query is hanging for a few minutes and then it drops down with error:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [9] Memory allocation failed.

I've tried to run the same query from HANA Studio but I get the same error.

Could you please explain me, why is this happening?

Can I do something to be able to send, like, 1000 of conditions, or more, and get the correct result from HANA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor

Hi, PLease check below SAP Note 2241697 - Error when previewing data from a View in SAP HANA Studio   2220929 - SAP HANA SPS 09 Database Maintenance Revision 97.03 BR Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are loading the column store table for the first time, try to load the whole table at once and then do the selection with where conditions, if the problem persists check sap note

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have a limit set in regards to memory?

You could try the following:

Set back the parameter global.ini -> memorymanager -> statement_memory_limit to default value

Execute the same query again

Once this executes successfully go back to global.ini > memorymanager > statement_memory_limit to previous configuration.

BR

Michael