cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Seeburger AS2 adapter UNB=UNOA ==> All data in upper case

wilbertkarremans
Participant
0 Kudos

From a retailer, I receive data in EDIFACT format via Seeburger AS2 adapter. In the UNB segment value UNOA is specified. In the BIC module I have specified parameter srcEncoding with value ISO-8859-1 and destEncoding with value UTF-8. That helped me to get character É instead of Ã#. But all my data is in upper case format. I am not sure if my retailer is sending the data I uppercase or if I need to set another parameter. I will contact the retailer about this, but I believe I need another setting. In Seeburger document (release 2.2.2) SAP_BICMD_Manu_en.pdf I saw in section 8.4.1.2 EDIFCAT Encoding the following remark: Exception: If the EDIFACT encoding in the source file is UNOA, the upper case test mode is enabled automatically. I am also reviewing guide SAP_BICMD_CmdRef_en.pdf, SAP_Classifier_en.pdf and  SAP_BICAdapter_en.pdf but so far without success.

Is it possible to get my data in mixed case? How to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wilbertkarremans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all;

Our retailer updated the message from UNOA, v2 to UNOC v3. Just to inform you that we now receive the data in mixed case whereas before we received the data in upper case.

Best regards;

Wilbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

Did you have Message tracking tool in your landscape, If you have then you can use the filestore module to store in inbound EDI message to crosscheck if upper case is sent by partner.

regards,

Harish

wilbertkarremans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we don't have a message tracking tool. We did not buy that module from Seeburger.

I believe my issue is because of a limited character set UNOA with version 2, which refers to basic code table ISO 646 (7bits ?). Version 2 refers to ISO 9735 updated in 1990. Level A means: an exception of lower case characters. But I received character É which is not supposed to be in that ISO 646 table. So I am still hopeful to find a solution. I also will ask the sender to send UNOC instead of UNOA if that is possible.

Wilbert

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

to be able to see the original EDI-Data, you do not necessarily need the MT-Tool...the BIC-Adapter itself also provides the parameter "saveSourceMsg" , which allows to store the original files as attachment to your XI-message.

@Wilbert,

can you set this parameter, so that we can see exactly how your Inbound data looks like ?

KR

Stefan