cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGS stops automatically after a few minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

We were reported of IGS not working as expected on one of our systems. When we checked we found that all parameters seem to be fine, only that IGS was not running.. we started IGS manually. It came up but after some time, it goes down automatically.. Restarting everytime is not feasable.. Can someone suggest what can be done

Regards

sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath

Kindly refer the SCN link to find the IGS version, If it is low upgrade IGS based on your kernel release

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the  SAP note #514841 for troubleshooting.

514841 - Troubleshooting when a problem occurs with the IGS

You should increase the trace level of igs as per the instructions given the SAP note and see if you can see anything in the log file.

You can also see the log file mux_<hostname>.trc after you have set the  trace level you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

What entries are in the system log (SM21).  Can you see any entries in the IGS logfile?

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Graham

there are very few entries in SM21 and for the user i am logged in with, i have 3 of them but they do not seem related to IGS... anyway i can find out if that relates to IGS..

Yes IGS log file has quite a few entries... not sure which one i should check

regards

sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Ok - start the IGS, then off the menu increase the trace level.  Then monitor the dump files being created to see if that gives you any information as to the cause.

Regards,

Graham