Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Activity Type Field Grayed out in CJ40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Folks,

Hope you all are doing good.

I am facing a difficulty in CJ40 transaction, to change the value of Sender Activity Type Field.

This field is Grayed out and fixed with one Activity Type, I want to change the Activity Type for Cost planning against WBS Elements.

I was looking for all the config for projects and WBS elements in CJ20n, unfortunately I could not find anything.

could you please help me out to find the config or any setting for this to get that field into change mode.

Will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Gincy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could anyone help me out to make this change to resolve the issue.

REgards,

Gincy.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't go in through CJ40, that is overall planning for a WBS.

Start with CJR2, then toggle to the 1-702 layout.

Make sure you choose Free rather than Form Based.

Free lets you put in what you want, Form Based uses the profile defaults only.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

They have grayed out CJR2 Transaction and are willing to enter the values from CJ40, this is a common pracitce they are following.

Please advice, how do I make the sender activity type field in changing mode inspite of default value.

Regards,

Gincy.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try what Ken did suggested. I do not see any AType group defined in the Planning profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

There are 6 Planner Profiles in our System, below is the other one, iam unable to relate it to the grayed out activity type in CJ40. The other one is below. Is this helpful to resolve the issue, Please advice.

Regards,

Gincy.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in KLH3 what is included into the CAPITAL group.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 3 main ways of manually planning costs on a WBS, Overall Planning, Unit costing, and Detailed Costing.  You are using transaction CJ40 which is Overall Cost Planning, but you are not doing overall planning.  You are really switching to Detailed Planning through CJ40.

Please confirm the steps you take to get to the Activity input screen.  Activity inputs is Detailed Cost Planning which can be accessed directly with CJR2.  Look in the Menu Path to see where all of these transactions are grouped together.

Paulo is right the Activity Types you are seeing are based on the Planning Profile you use.  What is in that Activity Type Group?

There is also the Planner Profile which controls detailed scheduling as well.  Use KP04 to see what Planner Profile you are using and then KP34 to see the details of that Planner Profile.

The Planner and Planning Profiles work together.

If you want the flexibility to plan what you want they will need to give access to CJR2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt explanation,

Attached are the steps they are following for planning cost.

Regards,

Gincy.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

Your Activity Type group from Planning Profile (whatever that is) has just ONE activity type, that is why it shows like that. 

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response.

Is there any way, so that I can add some more activity types to the activity type group.

Please advise.

Regards,

Gincy.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction code KLH2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks a ton to you.

That was the perfect answer which you have given.

Issue is resolved.

As you said, in KLH2 only one activity type was assigned, after assigning the other activity type, the sender activity type field is appearing in change mode in CJ40.

Happy to close this communication.

Regards,

Gincy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo and Mamatha,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have checked all these transactions and unfortunately, I couldn't find that specific activity type which is grayed out in CJ40.

There is one activity type which is fixed and grayed out in CJ40 transaction. We want to enter the values for various activity types.

Please advise to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Gincy.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

Are you trying to change the sender activity which is greyed out below.

I dont think you can do it, you need to delete the line item and include new one. Let me know if my query is correct, else please provide a screenshot

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your response.

Yes. This is the exact field which i want to change.

But, I did not enter any values in that, when I click on Activity Type option in CJ40, this field is grayed out with a value.

Please advise, how do I resolve this.

Regards,

Gincy.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

Once you have saved the activity type, you cannot change it, you will be allowed to delete the line item or change the planning value.

Also if you delete the line item, you can add new activity type below. As you can see in the screenshot attached earlier, the third line with cost element, you need to enter the activity type and total plan consumption.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I hope this screenshot is visible.

It is appearing by default.

Regards,

Gincy.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

I guess this can be due to the layout profile. In my system it was not greyed out.

Try to change the profile

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Could you please guide me to change the layout profile.

Regards,

Gincy.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

Can you please share the planning profile screen OPSB?

Thanks,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I hope you are able to see the screenshot.

Regards,

Gincy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gincy,

We can configure a default Activity Type for a planner profile in KP34. Please verify if your planner profile/layout has been assigned with any default parameters.

Thanks,

Mamatha

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gincy,

In the OPSB customizing you need to review the groups for Detailed Planning.  Also certain combinations of Cost Centers/Activity types must be defined in KP26.

Regards,

Paulo