cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Group Dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the basic data of a shopping cart, the purchase group dropdown has more than one purchase group and the first in the list is defaulted incase the user does not manually chooses from the dropdown.

The requirement is to have default as blank and then force the user to choose the correct purchase group.

Any inputs if we this option by doing configuration changes?

With Regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default the value for the Purchasing group is the one to which the User is assigned in the Org Structure.

If you want the Purchasing Group to be some other value then the one maintained in the Org Structure for that user,you could implement the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to check for the Purchasing grp value(specific value which you want) and thereby force the user to put the same value in the Pur group field.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Badi BBP_PGRP_FIND (or BBP_PGRP_DETERMINE - don't know exactly as I have no SRM system available right now, you can use the SPRO to find it anyway), you can determine the correct purchasing group or even let it be empty if I'm not mistaken.

However I don't understand why you wouldn't use a default value. In the badi mentioned you can program what purchasing group should be defaulted in the shopping cart based on your own requirements. This in my opinion will cause less user related errors than having to input again and again the correct purchasing group.

So I think you should go for implementing this badi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

We had a similar requirement, but for Cost Centers (CNT). The solution was simple.

Try this...

In PPOMA_BBP, at the highest level (ot level you want) enter a blank (i.e. empty) value for the Purchasing Group (PURCH_GRP) atttribute.

Let me know it it works.

Hope my suggestion helps.

Thanks

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naing,

I have tried the same thing for cost centers (CNT). But entering blanks was not possible. We are using SRM 5.0. How did you do it?

The only thing I could do is entering XXXXXXXXX but this is not the most comfortable solution from my point of view.

Regards, Mareike