cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI - Sloc -921 - Bin location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have implemented warehouse under SL02 storage location.

Currently our all stock laying in SL01 storage location.

I know by 311 we can move entire stock from SL01 to SL02 at IM level but at WM it will be in 921 interim storage type.

Is there any BAPI/FM method which can be used to move the stock from 921 to bin location.

We have prepared a excel sheet which have the record of material and it's bin location.

regards,

Om

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TR route is going to be bit difficult as upon successful completion of SLoc to SLoc transfer from IM side system will create TR and if you will try to create TO against the TR then it will suggest destination storage bin as per the putaway strategy whereas physical your stock can be in different bin

Normally when we go for new WM implementation we take the SLoc1 perform the physical count (on paper only not on system) and upload the stock in SLoc2 (Mvt 561) that won't create TR and stock will be there in storage type 998 then  perform the Bin to Bin transfer from 998 to the bin for which you have the excel sheet already prepared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Currently our stock in laying in SL01 storage location and our warehouse will active under SL02.

Now how to move stock from SL01 to SL02 ? I was under impression that sloc to sloc transfer and converting TR to TO will be easy job .But now i feel it can be risk using FM L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE

for converting TR to TO.

I can  see solution proposed by you can work.Can you please elaborate in detail .

How to remove the stock from SL01 ? If we do physical count on paper then system stock in SL01 will remain as it is !

What FM or technique we have to use for making bapi to move the stock from 998 to bin location ?

What is the standard practice ?

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why inventing the wheel again and again, when it is so easy to follow the SAP docuementation for a transition: Data Transfer - Warehouse Management - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurge for your post !

Our plan is to do sloc - sloc using 311 movement type.

Which will create TR ,we have prepared a sheet of existing stock with bin location.

Now how to move the stock into bin location as per the sheet for open TR ?

Our requirement is case2 as per the given link.But i didn't find any FM there.

Please provide the technique to use for this requirement.

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The case 2 means manually converting the TR to a TO .

If you have already created TOs with movement 999 without referencing the TRs then use the warehouse activity monitor LL01 and set the completed status to all your TRs.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case my suggestion is to ask your developer to make a small utility to use the fm :  L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE where you can upload the xls file which you have already prepared make sure change the source storage type is 998 and destination is the physical bin location

one piece of information missing is that are you planning to use storage location SL01 in future , if yes then we need to think to remove the stock from that or else it is not required

another approach as mentioned by Jurgen

you can perform SLOC to SLOC and then convert TR to TO if the TO is already created without reference then just update the status of TR as processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Jurgen,

When we have created TO using FM L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE mov typ 999 .

TR is still open and i can see it it lB10 .

Setting the status in LL01 is only the option to close TR.

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LL01 is not the only option, you can use as well LB02, but LL01 is the most convenient option to close the TRs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use below FM to create T.o w.r.f to TR ( which can be get from material document posted)

L_TO_CREATE_TR

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using FM L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE

-Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

Thanks ! Sharing this information was helpful for testing FM in se37.

What movement type shall we used for FM L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE.

Because when i used the movement type available in TR ,it is giving error.

regards,

Om

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use movement 999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

I used FM L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE with movement type 999.

System is creating TO but still TR is open in LB10 ?

I checked the TO data but TR number is showing 0 !

Why system is not considering the open TR from LB10 for creating TO.

I feel it can be due to movement type issue ? Bcoz in TR i can see

Pleaase check and suggest .

Regards,