cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner claiming no certificate attached in SOAP call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having a weird situation here. Trying to send an outbound SOAP call to a 3rd party. They claim that the reason we continue to get forbidden error is because there are no certificates attached with the message. We are reaching their server so it's not a firewall issue.

I have setup the receiver SOAP adapter and tried specifying the client authentication by choosing the private key that's in the key store in Visual Admin.

Ive also tried selecting web services security and configuring the receiver agreement. In the logs I continue to see the below message.

"Attempting to create outgoing ssl connection without trusted certificates"

This seems to back up what the partner is saying. Why would this occur?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

You have to setup the certifcates in your visual admin. Have you done that? Also the certificate will be given by the 3rd party. Take that certificate and install in visual admin. Once when you install correctly you will see that certificate in your reciever soap communicaiton channel. Then I think your issue will be resolved. Check this help on how to install this in visual admin:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/53/b221e3b466b346860715a550ca987d/content.htm

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This scenario is slightly different. All certificates are loaded in the keystore.

In order to authenticate thru their gateway, we provided them with our public key. We then need to use that public key when sending the message. Slightly different from the normal way this works but it shouldnt make a difference as long as we select the right cert in the ID.

I confirmed in the logs it's trying to load the keystore view and entry I specify, yet they still don't see any certificate in the request. I can't seem to verify this on my own as I can't see what's actually being sent to them.

Another thing I noticed is that the selection help in the receiver soap adapter only lists the private key entries vs the public key entries. You have to manually type in the right entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Since you are sending them I think they should give your their public key corresponding to their private key not the other way round.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're not encrypting anything in the transmission. The HTTPS protocol handles that, this is just used for simple verification purposes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

We too are using a certificate to authenticate to a https based web service (non-SAP) and in the logs we get the warning "Attempting to create outgoing ssl connection without trusted certificates" when we run an application that uses the Adaptive Web Service model in WD Java.

Would you let us know how to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Melwyn