cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while XML to ABAP conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Let me start by giving some background on the error. There is one interface in our production system which was working fine from past 4-5 years. The interface works somewhat like this, Business sends an email to PI which comes through Mail Marshal which is a spam filtration tool and it has some routing rules as well to redirect emails to a particular server/system. That Email first comes to PI business client and if successful will go to PI technical client then again to business client and then to CRM. Not sure of the logic behind using two clients as the interface is quite old.

Due to some problems in mail marshal, as it is quite old and we don't have support for that now. Business is looking for possibilities to remove that and replace that with office365.

We tried removing mail marshal and copied all the routing rules on O365. After that the messages started failing when they are coming in PI business client with the below error: 

Eventually we had to roll back the changes to mail marshal again to make it work. My question is do we require some connectors in O365 to send mails to SAP, or O365 is changing content type of the message.

Let me know if anyone here has faced same or somewhat similar issue or can give some helpful information in resolving it. We want O365 in future to replace Mail marshal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat

The error screenshot that you are providing is at the ABAP proxy, but it is most probably because somewhere before that the payload content coming from O365 is different from Mail marshal.

I haven't worked with both O365 and mail marshal before, but my general experience is that main clients/servers have quite different behaviors and are non-standard.

I'd suggest that you check the payload at the start of the pipeline when it first reaches into PI - compare the content that you get from O365 versus Mail marshal. Additionally compare the payload after the mapping step. Any differences might give you some hints on possible changes you might need.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your quick response, The payload is from PI SXMB_MONI.

After the roll back to mail marshal we checked the difference in the payload and the issue was that namespace was not there in the error messages, But we are not able to figure out at what step it is getting missing,

User is simply sending an mail which is coming through O365 to PI.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of PI are you using?

Can you paste screenshot of the payload at sender Mail channel for both O365 and Mail Marshal?