cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Monitoring SAP GRC PC - Filtering Date fields -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to filter a Business Rule but we are having trouble making a filter within. Filter in the Adhoc query from the Datasource works correctly. The same filter applied in the Business Rule doesn´t work. The field to be filtered, is a Datefield.

Business Rule

Error in adhoc query

Same filter applied in the Datasource, and works correctly:

Is there a note we have to apply, or could you help us identify the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Lopez Villafañe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try implementing note  2148056. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, isn´t this a GRC PC 10.1 note? We have 10.0 GRC PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Could the table possibly have corrupted or invalid data which is causing the business rule to malfunction?

Perhaps the adhoc query in the data source is not picking up the invalid data(data that doesn't follow the format) since it hasn't gone through the row for that data. But the adhoc query of the business rule is fetching it.

Perhaps you can test by increasing the amount of data your data source is fetching or looking at the source table. That's DBTABLOG right? Or check in tcode SCU3.

If that still doesn't work, have you tried removing and reading the validity date filter using the drop down box. I recall a scenario we encountered were we manually entered the data and it turned out to have spaces in it, causing an error.

Best Regards,

Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for the answer.

I tried appling the filter for all data in the datasource. It filters correctly.

We can see in the log threw SCU3 the changes correctly.

Regarding your other option, we tried applying the filter pressing F4, since it is a date field the calendar appears. We search for a date in the future (Even though that´s not what we want since we should find date 31.12.9999, but we did it for testing purposes). The error continues.

If you have any more information, it will be apreciated.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I would debug this and see how the date format is passed from the business rule vs. from the data source.

As a workaround you could create the business rule as "Pattern" type and filter the inactive users with a BRF+ rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Like Rishabh mentioned, if your business rule is change log -check, the timeframe is used automatically to filter changelogs based on the entry date.

-Tuomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh and Tuomas,first of all thanks for your answers.

The connector works correctly because, we have other automated controls with "review changes" working correctly.

I know that the changelog would show changes within the timeframe from the period selected.  But, that doesn´t stop us from creating a filter within the Business rule, for one of the fields.

Our datasource has a join with another table. PA0009 main table, PA0002 adjacent table.

The filter applies correctly in the datasource, for a field from PA0002

In the business rule, the change log is applied, and reviewed only for table, PA0009. Which doesn´t stop us from the possibility of filtering by fields in table PA0002.

The "date" field, we are trying to filter is for the validity of a person, in table PA0002. Otherwise, the control would show us data from persons that aren´t active.

I don´t think it has to do with the period.

Regards,

Rodrigo lopez Villafañe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I can see all the deficiencies/change are made between 2005 to 2012.

Please try with time frame as year 2005.

Also do ECC connection test in SM59(Authorisation and Authentication).

Regards,

Rishabh