cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change STATUS to u0093DEVELOPMENT COMPLETEDu0094

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the change request management, I am in the developer phase and I created transport in solution manger and went in the DEV box and made the changes and added the changes to transport number that was created by Solution Manager. Now How do I change the STATUS from “In Development” to “Development Completed”, my STATUS options are grayed out in the STATUS button. I am not able to continue to Test phase due this problem?

Can anyone please tell me what I am exactly missing here?

Thanks In Advance.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIiii Kumar

First of all What you are implementing

1. Urgent Correction

2. Or Normal Correction

In both cases you have to set yr development completed from Action button not from Status button.

I hope I have answered yr question.

Feel free to ask any doubt

Sukhii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am only testing NORMAL Correction now. Well, I do not see any action to complete the development.

I could only see the following ACTIONS:

Logon to system

Complete Procedure

Cancel Procedure

Create Transport Request

Create Task

Release Transport Request

Critical Transport Request

Test Transport

Go to Task plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

Then you have to release first Task in yr satellite system then release Request from your Solman Action...Insucessfull complition of both of these actions(Without any error & Warnings).Then you will see compleate development Action in your Action list.

If you got then dont forgot to give points.

Sukhwinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your quick repond.

First task is already released in the satellite system. When I try to release the tranports in in SOLMAN from one of the ACTIOON Release Transport Request, I get this following error.

<b>Action cannot be performed during this maintenance phase

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG 024

Diagnosis

The maintenance cycle does not allow a specific action to be executed.

System Response

The system terminates the action.

Procedure

The maintenance cycle can be set by the Change Manager or the system administrator during the next or previous phase.

Additional Information:

Action 'Regular Correction: Release Transport Request' cannot be

executed during phase 'Development without Release'

</b>

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Singh,

I changed my Current phase to Development with Release, and I was able to release the transport via SOLMAN ACTION, however I still cannot see the action to Complete the Development work.

Any Idea?

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I believe your problem is that you need to change phases through your maintenance cycle Task List. In general:

normal correction => phases are managed through maintenance cycle task list Mxxx

urgent correction => phases are managed through Urgent Correction task list Hxxx

Hope this helps

Henry Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Once you have released your transports through the Action button, then you have to select Complete Procedure from the Action button and save.

This will change the status to Development Completed.

In CHaRM, all the status changes are driven by the action button.

Something to keep in mind is when you release your transports from the actions button, at the same time, it runs a job to delete the unused transport that it created. Until that transport is successfully deleted(which might take a few seconds) the Complete Procedure action might not change the status right away. Look at the Display messages icon on the top right-hand side for any warnings.

Let me know if this helped.

Salpi